Hotwire Hotel: 1* Lombard Street-Near Presidio Area

hotwirefanatic
By hotwirefanatic,
in

Hey,

I need some help for a stay for 3 people May 10-12. I am trying to get the cheapest room possible while being in San Francisco but I do not want to stay at a place where my car will get broken into (I do not know San Francisco that well)

$99 a night 1* lombard street-near presidio area

Amenities: Free parking, free breakfast, free internet, smoke free, restaurant, golf nearby, tennis nearby, accessible for the blind.

I would say a possible match is the Days Inn Lombard street but the Tripadvisor ratings are off ( I do not know if the tripadvisor rating is always accurate on Hotwire). I just have no idea what other hotel it may be in that area. I like the amenities at this hotel especially since there is free parking. My other option is staying at the Astoria Hotel (not using HOTWIRE) but it is a little more expensive.

Please let me know what hotel you guys think it is. I used the HOTWIRE link you guys provide too! Also if you have any other advice about hotels in the area as well that would be great. We are on a budget so no fancy hotels this time :(

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd definitely be concerned about a property with a 2.5/5 tripadvisor rating - the Surf Motel and Presidio Inn and Suites would appear to be definite possibilities. The Alpha Inn and Suites doesn't appear to offer breakfast.

What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay? Definitely understand about being on a budget, but I think with a 1* that gets very mixed reviews, it becomes is there something for a similar price that maybe is just further out but would be nicer or maybe something that is a little more but would be possibly less stressful.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The budget would have to be a total of $300 and it would be preferable (not mandatory) being in downtown San Francisco. Like I said the Astoria Hotel which is priced at $239 total for the trip is an okay option and is cheap but you also have to put into account parking each night. I was looking at the airport hotels but the price of the BART is pricey from the airport to downtown compared to the other stations and then you have to include parking too. I may just do the Astoria Hotel if there are no better options. If there are, let me know. And, I do not know if you have any links to Third Party websites like Venere, Booking.com, or kayak on your page but let me know too if Astoria seems to be the best pick since those are the websites offering it.

You can check for links to third party websites in our Support Page (also found under the blue banner at the top of the page)

You may also want to try our sister site, MAPS and HOTELS.com, where you can look at hotels near BART stations and see if anything is offered near your desired budget (as well as how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay further/closer to your ideal location)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]