Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) The Godfrey Hotel Chicago

indyhz
By indyhz,
in

start at $55 - 60 - 63 -win at $64.

The Godfrey Hotel is a new hotel, opening in Feb, no review. Not sure what to expect. A bit disappointed, since the location is not what I was hopping for, (hoping for Allerton, or Marriott).

the Express deal for the same dates is $69, so I assume it is The Godfrey Hotel as well. Didn't save much money by bidding.

I used the BiddingHelper.com from this site.

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed in the location of this hotel, but hopefully with everything being new you'll be pleasantly surprised by this property and will find it to be a good value for the price paid.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Can you please follow-up your previous Priceline Chicago and Hotwire Miami threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those trips. 'Concluding' your threads helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, and is also a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

REALLY nice deal for this brand new property. While not right on Michigan Ave, I think this is an excellent location: you're right near a ton of restaurant options in the River North area, and it's really not a bad walk to Michigan Ave. Plus, subway at Chicago and State is reasonably close.

Let us know if you have any Chicago city questions.

Enjoy your stay.

Hi AaronJB,

Thank you for the reply. What options do I have in terms of parking during the three-day-stay? Is it possible to spend less than $30 a day? We will be driving up from Indiana, but won't need the car while in Chicago (plan to use subway or walk). Given it is winter, I would like to avoid long walks from where I park to the hotel, even though I only need to do it once upon arrival and once during departure.

You could explore rail options - I don't know if any of the stations in Indiana offer long-term parking, but you could explore if any of the Metra Electric or Amtrak stations offer long-term parking options. Maybe if Amtrak stops near where you are, you could consider taking that instead. Under the "Smart Fares" area on Amtrak, there are some very good deals at times, both on long-distance tracks and shorter regional routes.

You could also look at the Millennium Park lot or Navy Pier lots, which are now, remarkably $35. They must have raised that big time as they were $25 not that long ago. Navy Pier, however, is cheaper - you can see seasonal rates here: http://www.navypier.com/visit_us/parking.html

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just came back from the Windy City. Here is my update.

Used Godfrey hotel for three nights in one of their standard king-bed rooms. The room was clean, pretty big for a Chicago hotel, the staff were polite.

There was no bath tub (walk-in shower),no fridge, no microwave, no water glasses or coffee cups, so be prepared if you are expecting those.

The hotel lobby was not finished, so the first floor public area felt small and not very comfortable. but the we had no delay in checking-in, so the lobby was not an issue.

It is close to many different restaurants and bars. But still a bit far from the main shopping area, bring warm clothes if you plan to walk to shops in the winter months.

Self Parking is $43 per day.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]