Priceline Hotel: Downtown Minneapolis hotels

phono
By phono,
in

I'm looking at booking a 4 star or higher Downtown Minneapolis hotel in the next few weekends.

I have a couple questions regarding how hotels accept bids and looking for tips regarding bidding for 4 or 4.5 star hotels in this area.

What determines which hotels take your bid?

Is there a way to bid using an educated (which hotels and their winning bids) for a specific hotel or will multiple hotels accept that same offer?

If I were to put in a bid for a specific star class in one single area containing several same-star hotels:

If winning bids begin at $60, with another hotel starting their acceptions at $70, would my bid amount determine which hotel I win? Say I enter $60 and won, would bidding an extra $10 have won that same first $60 hotel or would it have been the $70 one?

I have noticed Priceline hotel buy it now prices are generally more expensive further away from the date and cheaper closer to.

If a hotel is $150 to buy now for a weekend stay two weeks away but the same hotel is $100 this weekend, will Name Your Own Price bids also go down for these hotels?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I have a couple questions regarding how hotels accept bids...
There is no way to bid on, or increase your chances of receiving, a specific property. The following thread explains in further detail some of your other questions above, please read it and then let us know if any questions remain unanswered: Don't Bid Higher for a Specific Hotel
I have noticed Priceline hotel buy it now prices are generally more expensive further away from the date and cheaper closer to.
Your making the assumption that the hotel rate is cheaper for nearer stays and more expensive for later stays due to the time before check-in, but this is not necessarily the case.

For example, you could see cheap stays in Minneapolis for the next few weekends and more expensive stays for the month of May... but keep in mind that it's cold very cold in Minneapolis in February so less people visit (and prices are low), and it is much more pleasant during May when more people visit (and rates increase). This is just one example that could put a wrench in your logic above.

With the above noted it is possible that rates could get cheaper as you get closer to your arrival date, but it's also possible that rates get more expensive... it all depends upon how actual supply/demand (new reservations/cancellations) come in relative to expected supply/demand.

Let us know once you're ready to move forward with your first set of date(s) and we'll try to assist further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]