Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Wacker Drive) Hyatt Regency

jacqueusi
By jacqueusi,
in

First off, VERY weird pricing experience. Followed the savingsbarn link (gotta support this site). Pre-savingsbarn room came out to be $83/night on Hotwire. As soon as I signed in on Hotwire using existing account, new search yielded a price of $86/night. I cleared cached and tried different combinations every time, starting with the betterbidding site and going to savingsbarn, etc. Worst combination was savingsbarn + initial Hotwire sign-in yielding a price of $87/night.

I stuck it out, started over, cleared-cache and closed all windows. betterbidding->savingsbarn->hotwire (no sign-in) yielded $83/night. I only signed in after the price was confirmed. Anything prior would restart the search and yield an $86/night price.

I was actually expecting Swissotel as I thought the spa was a dead giveway.

Amenities:

Restaurant

Workout Facility

Spa

Internet Connection

Business Center

Ended up at the Hyatt.

Thanks for bearing with me on my very strange experience.

I literally was about to hit confirm last night on this new Hyatt listing for a night this weekend - also thinking it was the Swiss - then I went back and got a new set of customer reviews that included customer reviews that I've seen associated with confirmed Hyatt reviews.

I'm guessing this means that the Westin River North and the Hyatt can now be separated, as I'm seeing - for different dates - a 4 star Mag Mile/Wacker with the amenities previously associated with the Hyatt (restaurant/fitness/business), but not a "customer favorite", like this new Hyatt listing is.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]