Priceline Hotel: 4* hotels in Lower Manhattan

kotak
By kotak,
in

has anyone successfully bid on a 4* in lower Manhattan? do you know which hotels are likely to come up?

unlike Hotwire, Priceline groups Soho/ Tribeca with the Wall Street/ financial area. I'd like to get a 4* Soho/ Tribeca hotel (like the Soho or Tribeca Grand, Mercer, etc) for 9/11-9/13, but fear that I might get one of the Wall Street/ financial properties instead.

I'd appreciate any past experiences in "lower Manhattan."

Thanks,

This appeared in a recent Hotwire post that received the Tribeca Grande:

This property is really hard to get on Priceline, so it's worth a few extra bucks on Hotwire.

The problem is that the Soho/Tribeca area is typically much more expensive than the Wall St. area, so bidding low in this area will almost certainly assure you of hotel in the Wall St. area, but if you bid high it can just as easily result in an overbid.

In this instance I think you'd be better off using Hotwire.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If those are the rates via Hotwire, i wouldn't expect ultra-cheap rates via Priceline.

Hotwire is generally more expensive, but not usually by an obscene amount.

I think the Marriott is a Priceline 4* in the Wall St. area. This was the base hotel for our out-of-town guests when i got married last year... it's very nice, but not an ideal location if you want to be touring the city.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]