Hotwire Hotel: NYC with 11-9-0 year old

hernanco
By hernanco,
in

Hi, I'm willing to get a hotel in NY (8-15 Feb) with my family (spouse, 9 year old boy, 11 year old girl and 11 months baby). So I should put in the search 2 adults + 2 child (2-17) as the baby is not yet 2 years old.

I am a little nervous that we could not fit the baby because of space (not much an issue) or safety/fire regulations.

Also, for example if you try to get a hotel with full kitchen (only 1 appears) it most surely be The Marmara Manhattan Studio which (I checked on its website) only has a queen bed in the room.

I'm from Argentina and I would be grateful if you could provide some advise.

Much regards,

Hernan

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Orlando thread with the dates you ultimately purchases so we can add that information to the topic title and enable that win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Then please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll comment on your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Although technically you would be searching correctly by only including 2a/2c in your search (since your 3rd child is under 2 years old), in NYC with their notoriously small rooms there is a strong likelihood of an issue putting 5 people in one room.

If you're willing to potentially deal with a hassle of contact HOTWIRE and having them resolve the situation, you could use HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children, once the hotel is won call the hotel and let them know that in addition to 2a/2c you have a baby and what accommodations (crib, pack n' play, etc) they have for babies. At this point you can also confirm that there won't be an issue with 2adults, 2children, and one baby in the room. If no problem then you're set... if an issue you can then call HOTWIRE and explain the situation, why you only included 2adults/2children (since your baby is under 2 years old) and ask them to resolve the situation. I can't what they will/won't do, but historically they have either worked it out with the hotel to arrange a room for the baby OR offer a refund/cancellation of the hotel.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 11 months later...

Thank you for your detailed explanation.  As I was travelling with small kids I didn't want to take the risk of booking thru Hotwire for 2 adults + 2 child and then had to explain to the hotel that we had an additional baby.  I ended up booking straight with a hotel for the 5 of us.

Much regards,

Hernan

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]