Priceline Hotel: Odds of getting room with one bed?

Talon830
By Talon830,
in

I am thinking about using NYOP for the first time. I have a wife and two boys ages 12 and 14. We are planning a trip to Orlando this summer. I am curious as to how often you are given a room with one bed. I know that I can use Express Deals and select the number of beds, but it seems like I can get a much better deal through the NYOP. Are the odds stacked against me in getting a room with one bed? Second question is, how easy is it to upgrade to a room with two beds and will the hotel charge so much to do it making NYOP not worth it?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

There is no guarantee in terms of getting two beds. The hotel may say yes, may charge an upgrade fee (usually the difference between a room w/one bed and one w/two) or only be willing to offer one bed. This is especially true in NYC and some other cities. In a family-friendly city like Orlando, you certainly have a better chance of getting two beds, but there is still no guarantee. Some Express Deals listings offer bed choice, but not all.

Additionally, the difference between bidding and Express Deals is usually not giant; it becomes whether or not the idea of selecting a bed choice option listing is more appealing than saving a little more and having to go through asking for two beds at the hotel.

Let us know your thoughts (as well as the full details of the stay - date/s, budget, acceptable zone/s, star rating, etc) and we would be happy to offer suggestions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for the quick reply. We are wanting to stay in the Intl. Drive South - Sea World area in a 4 star hotel for around $50 a night. We will be staying at the hotel from June 9th-14th. I have put in for a room using NYOP and it came back with an outstanding sounding hotel for only $50 a night. I have also checked out Express Deals with the same criteria and it show zero rooms are available, but it does show one that is 3.5 stars that is available for $137 a night with no options of how many beds there is. It also offered a 3 star hotel for $56 a night and I can choose a room with 2 beds. Neither deal with Express Deals sound good to me, but the NYOP deal sounds great to me unless I am almost certain to get a room with only one bed. We would be willing to take the risk of getting a room with only one bed if our stay wasn't for 5 nights.

I have put in for a room using NYOP and it came back with an outstanding sounding hotel for only $50 a night.

Chances are that you're looking at the 'Please Review Your Request' page where PRICELINE is asking you to review your bid before submitting it. If so, this is not in indication that a hotel is willing to accept a bid at this price, but rather as indicated at the top of the page, PRICELINE is simply asking you to review the information before submitting the bid (since there are no cancellations/refunds, PRICELINE is asking you to double check all the information)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I was looking at the "Please Review Your Request" page. I was thinking since it had also given me the amenities of the hotel that it had narrowed my request down to one hotel (since the amenities are very specific: Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Fitness Center, Free Parking, Free Internet, Free Breakfast, Business Center, Guest Score 9/10 or Higher) and that the bid would be accepted by that hotel. I am a total noob to the whole NYOP, so any info I can get is great. I am trying to understand how the NYOP works. Back to my original question though, what are the odds of getting a room with only one bed when I use NYOP? Is it a 50% or 75% chance or somewhere in between or somewhere outside of that range?

There are links which address both of these questions in our PRICELINE FAQ but i have expanded on the double/quad occupancy issue below:

I realize priceline can't guarantee the number of beds in the room, but when using NYOP what are the over all odds of getting a room with only one bed (in terms of a percentage)?
There is no percentage and it depends upon a lot of variables including: location (easier in Orlando vs. NYC), hotel policy, occupancy levels of the hotel, what is available at time of check-in, mood of the front desk clear, etc, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]