Priceline Hotel: Identify Redwood City-San Carlos hotels

bookhound
By bookhound,
in

Do you mea PRICELINE EXPRESS deals or bidding? Additionally, please provide date/s of travel and, if express deals, full list of amenities and price per night in USD$ before taxes/fees. In terms of bidding, you can see the hotels reported to the board here: Priceline Hotel List California.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Any random date. For example, February 20-21, 2014, but I check other dates as well.

I do a search for regular PRICELINE Hotels for Redwood City and for San Carlos. No 3* or 31/2* hotels show up in either, only the 4* Sofitel and 2 1/2* or 2* hotels.

However, when I go to "Name Your Own Price", both 3* and 3 1/2* hotels are an option. I have no idea which hotels these could be. As far as I can tell, there's no 3 1/2 * in that area. The Crowne Plaza Foster City is too far north. So, is this basically an upgrade to the Sofitel?

I don't know which hotels these may be either, but it's possible that these are 'phantom' star ratings and there are no hotels at these star ratings in the zone. I can't seem to recall (off the top of my head) any examples where PRICELINE does not offer hotels of a star rating between star ratings. For example, if PRICELINE has hotels at 3* and 4*, they may make the 3.5* star rating selectable as well, even though there are no actual hotels of this star rating in the zone (any successful win selecting this star rating would be upgraded to a higher star rated hotel). I'm only thinking about this as i'm typing so haven't done any extensive research, but that may be the case here.

HOWEVER, with the above noted, you should always act on the side of caution and if PRICELINE offers a hotel at a given star rating you should assume that they do in deed offer hotels of that caliber in the zone. The bidding side of PRICELINE, the PRICELINE EXPRESS, and 'retail' sides all use a different universe of hotels, so you could always receive something that you didn't expect (given that it didn't appear on a different side of their service) I would not suggest using a 'phantom' star rating as a re-bid opportunity unless you were out of time and no other re-bid zones available.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please check our Support Page for your hotel direct purchases where we have links to move of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies, including the Best Weestern... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which makes it easy to choose a hotel near almost any location in the world and evaluate how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]