Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Airport SEA) Hilton Seattle Airport and Conference Center

AinA
By AinA,
in

First bid for 3* SEA (Airport) $45: came back denied w/ an offer if I upped offer by $17 to $62 I would be *allowed* to rebid. Huh? When did they start this? Before it was always up it to "$___" and we'll GIVE you the room ... now it is we'll let you TRY to get a room again? Huh?

Not going to go for that. Tried again. Second bid, $50 added free rebid zone (3 - Des Moines): came back denied w/ an offer if I upped offer by $12 to $62 I would be allowed to rebid. Nope, not doing it.

Third bid, bid at $54, opened a new window, used free rebid zone (9 - Newcastle) + Airport: Again it came back with up your bid to $62 & we'll LET you rebid stuff. (Beginning to think Priceline's serious about this $62 business.)

I'm stronger than them, not going to fall for their "offer." Opened yet another new window and bid another free rebid zone (15 - Seattle North) + Airport form y fourth bid at $58: Came back with, "Your Hotel Deal is in the Bag!" Won the Hilton Seattle Airport, 3 1/2* for $58. Very happy with the Hilton. I've always liked that property. (Really glad it wasn't the Holiday Inn.)

Feeling relieved. I'm getting old and rusty at this since I don't travel anymore but I really couldn't let them to win at the battle of wills. Even if it went to $61 I would have been happy with my win, just would drive me crazy if I had to go all the way up to their counter of $62.

Thanks BB,

AinA

(As always, all windows were opened via BetterBidding's PRICELINE link.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]