Priceline Hotel: Hotel 04/25/2014-04/28/2014

d_a
By d_a,
in

This will be our first trip to San Francisco April 25, 2014 for 3 nights. I want to bid on a 3.5-4* hotel and prefer Fishermans Wharf area but would also consider Financial District and the Union Sq. area that is not by the tenderloin. When should I start bidding and how much should I expect to pay? We currently have the Hilton, Union Sq. booked for $143/night (the hotel seems nice but I have read reviews that it is close to tenderloin so be careful). Thanks,

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Hilton is currently rated 4*. Would you like to try at the 4* level first or would you like to try to get a cheaper 3.5*?

What would your budget be for a 3.5* vs 4* hotel.

To confirm, you're willing to bid at Fishermans Wharf, Financial District and the Union Sq zone?

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

...but would also consider Financial District and the Union Sq. area that is not by the tenderloin.

If you go to PRICELINE and look at the zones, which one(s), my PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I only want to try for 4* if it is in Union Sq. or Financial District (but I don't want to be near the tenderloin district). In Fishermans Wharf I would start with 4* and then willing to go to 3.5*. This is our first time to San Francisco (we are taking a cruise to Hawaii) so I would appreciate your advice on the best and safest area to stay in. Thanks,

I only want to try for 4* if it is in Union Sq. or Financial District (but I don't want to be near the tenderloin district)
As noted above, when bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone that you bid. ASFAIK, all the USE properties are not in the tenderloin area, in the USW all the 'known' 4* hotels are not in the tenderloin, but as you get to the 3.5* and under properties the tenderloin becomes more of an issue.

You can see all hotels reported to the board in the Hotwire Hotel List so you can further research the location of the 'known' hotels in the area and determine which zone(s) you are willing to accept.

Let us know which zones we should include in a bidding strategy and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My 1st choice would be 4* in Fishermans Wharf, Financial District and USW and my 2nd choice would be 3.5* in Fishermans Wharf only. As I indicated I already have a refundable room booked for $143 at Hilton Union Sq (I booked this through their MVP website which gives Hilton honor members a 20% discount). Please put a strategy together for me. Thanks so much for all your help!

...in the USW all the 'known' 4* hotels are not in the tenderloin, but as you get to the 3.5* and under properties the tenderloin becomes more of an issue.
It is the USW zone where the tenderloin becomes an issue... not the USE zone, which is 'safe' at all levels.
Please confirm, and click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.
2x

I want to try for a 4* first and then a 3.5* and last a 3* in Fishermans wharf only. If my three options are not successful in Fishermans Wharf I will move to a 4* only is financial district and USE. My budget for the 4* would be $120 or less, my budget for the 3.5* would be $110 or less and my budget for 3* would be $95 or less. Thanks,

One more thing....I click on the PRICELINE links and HOTWIRE links like you requested. I will bid through those links once I get a strategy. Thanks,

At current prices I'm doubtful that the maximum bid prices you have indicated at each star level will be enough, but to give it a try...

When bidding 4* in this region you have SIX re-bid zones, at the 3.5* level you have FIVE re-bid zones, at the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if the above is rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if the above is rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $95

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]