Priceline Hotel: Bidding Stategy for San Juan 11/29

Sthomp
By Sthomp,
in

Hi. I have enjoyed reading the site and your review of the Caribe Hilton. We would like to stay there for one night pre-cruise 11/29 for 2 rooms. I'm also OK with any of the other resorts that we possibly could get on Priceline.

I think is is starting to sink in: If I bid resorts only in the SJ zone, I do not have any free re-bids and must bid every 72 hours. Should I stay at the same amount each time I bid or increase the amount each time? Do you think a $65 bid will still win at Caribe Hilton? The hotel's web site has $105 for that night as a web only rate, not refundable.

Thanks in advance for the advice. I'm glad you had a good time on your cruise. I also read some of your trip reports on Cruise Critic. We are on the Destiny and planning to go to Trunk Bay also. You had some good advice for the ferry there. Take care, Shannon

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unfortunately i don't see any of the 'typical low acceptors' available (thru the Vacation Package) right now. You can try a $75 Resort bid if you'd be happy w/ the Condado Plaza (or bid $65 if you'd much prefer the Caribe Hilton) just for the sake of it, but i'm not too optimistic as Hotwire rates are also higher than usual. This isn't to say that 'cheap' inventory won't be made avialalbe down the road.... especially given the internet only rate at the Hilton's website.

For my own trip, inventory at the Caribe wasn't realeased until about 3 weeks before the date i needed, and if my stay was near the begining of the month, it would have been closer to 1 1/2 weeks. From what i can tell, the Hilton has only made inventory available thru the end of September. If history serves as a guide, their next 'block' of rooms will likely be released in the last week of September (i don't know about the Condado Plaza, as they usually have availability far into the future, although not always at the cheapest rate, which is why i say if you'd be happy there, you may want to try a $75 Resort bid just to give it a shot.)

If you try and are not successful, i'd keep checking the vacation package to see what hotels are available for your date (you'll have to include a day before or a day after since packages must be for 2 days). Doing this will be less frustrating that submitting bids every 72 hours and getting rejected. It's also less time consuming.

Keep us updated and let us know how else we can help :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]