FLL 2/13/14 - 2/17/14 convertible rental

sahilio
By sahilio,
in

Could someone please assist me in bidding on a convertible in FLL from 2/13 - 2/17? I have never used Priceline's name your own price before but I have read the tips and previous wins on this forum. However, there don't seem to be many people targeting convertibles, so the win history is sparse.

The best rate using the rate checker link you provided seems to be at $70/day but when I bid last night on PRICELINE, it offered me a $56/day rental for a convertible. I'm trying to see if I can get one lower than that by bidding closer to the dates I need one, but as of now that $56/day seems to be the only thing PRICELINE is willing to take. I assume this is likely because it is still early relative to a Feb 13th pickup date.

...as of now that $56/day seems to be the only thing PRICELINE is willing to take. I assume this is likely because it is still early relative to a Feb 13th pickup date.

Or it could be that these dates are busier than usual and rates will remain high (or move higher)... you just don't know how the rental company's actual demand will come in relative to expected demand (and this expected demand is what is being used by them to set current rates).

I would suggest bidding a refundable back-up reservation to protect yourself from rates moving higher from here, and if you can later get a better deal than your back-up, you simply cancel the back-up reservation.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further help along the way.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]