Priceline Hotel: Mardi Gras Help

trouble1138
By trouble1138,
in

Hi total noobie here I hope I am posting this in the right place, I am looking to bid on a hotel checking in on 3/1/14 and checking out 3/5/14 for a total of 4 nights and I would only like to stay in the French Quarter area. I have found a couple of problems with priceline listing hotels as being in that zone but when you google their locations they are in a completely different zone as described by pricelines zones, so the first question is how do I make sure I don't end up with a hotel in the wrong zone? The second question is how do I determine how much I should use for my starting bid and how much is a typical amount to increase it? Thank you all for the help sorry if this is the wrong area.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you using the zones from the 'retail' hotel offers and comparing them to the 'name your own price' zones? If so, you can't do that as the two sides of their service use different zone names and boundaries. For instance notice that the retail side has 'French Quarter - Riverwalk' whereas the bidding side uses 'French Quarter - Canal Street'... as well the bidding side has a zone 'Convention Center and Warehouse - Arts District' and the retail side has not area named anything close to this.

If the issue you were seeing is not explained by the above, please provide an example of the difference you're seeing and we'll advise accordingly.

As far as your bidding, what is your desired star rating and maximum budget per nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]