Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver Marriott

LiCalPL
By LiCalPL,
in

Was following the postings in this forum, but did not get the hotel

Nov 11 is a holiday in Vancouver, BC that makes this a long weekend.

1. started with $65 for the Vancouver zone, not successful

2. Added Vanc Aport (no 4*s), re-bid $72. No Go!

Afterwards, I quit.

Suggestions for me to re-bid are greatly appreciated

(Guess that I have to wait for 72hrs before re-bidding?)

Thanks.

Vancouver Airport does have 4* bidding capability, so you could have gotten an unwanted hotel (luckily you didn't). You can see this by going to a new Priceline screen, selecting Vancouver, selecting the Vancouver Airport zone only, and then noting that Priceline allows you to select 4*. It so happens that the hotel list here doesn't report anyone getting it, but there is at least one 4* hotel in the Vancouver Airport area (I know the Fairmont qualifies as one).

However, there are three zones that do not have 4* offerings. So you could rebid with these. Try to figure them out using the method above. Once you figure them out, you can post here for confirmation.

In bidding for Vancouver Hotel, I noted some discrepancies among the lists of Zones/Hotels

1) PriceLine in the bidding process offered 6 zones:

Vancouver

Vancouver Aport

Coquitlam-Burnaby

Delta

Langley

Surrey-Pitt Meadows

2) This site offers 4 Zones <http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act=ST&f=294&t=98&>

Vancouver

Vancouver Aport (No 4*)

Coquitlam - Burnaby (1-4*)

Surrey (1-4* but 4* bidding no longer offered in this zone, double-check

before using as re-bid zone)

3. via the PL Shop & Save (S&S) Portal

4 Zones are offered:

Vancouver (4* $106)

Vancouver Aport ( 4* $201)

Surrey-Langley (4* $65)

North Vancouver (No 4*)

Qs:

a) Any relevance of the 3rd list of zones (Shop & Save) to Name you own price?

:) how to double check the actual existance of 4* hotels in zones applicable to Name your own price as suggested ?

c) in view of the prices listed from the S&S, what is the likely lowest successful bid price for 4* in Vancouver Zone (only)?

Thanks.

I am also planning to visit Vancouver for 3 days in November, Thursday the 10th through Sunday the 13th. Have been looking to see a won bid for that time period but have not found any... Last year I visited around this time and got $55/nite for the Marriott Pinnacle, which was a very nice hotel. It looks like it's going to be a little higher this year... not sure why... more demand?? exchange rate??

In Priceline's free re-bid, you need to add a zone that doesn't have any 4 star hotels, then you will be sure to get only downtown. To see these, first pick your city in priceline, then you will see a page that says "Select the areas you want to stay". Click on the first choice only (in the Vancouver example it is Coquitlam - Burnaby) click on next and you will see what star levels of hotels are in that area. Coquitlam - Burnaby does have 4 stars so you would not want to add this to a free re-bid. Go back and do the same for all areas and you will see a few that contain no 4 stars. These are the areas you want to add to your re-bid. Let us know how it works out.

Bobo

Following the suggestion. Just now, started a new bid having my other best's make the bid.

Got 4*vMarriott Vancouver Pinnacle Downtown (Nov11-13) for $68 on the first bid.

with tax/fee TOTAL = $159.26

(>> =$79.63/nite approx (x1.18) Cdn $93.46 )

Hotel Reservation site quoted C$149/nite etc

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]