Priceline Hotel: Question - Express vs Bidding

Rass2008
By Rass2008,
in

Just getting ready to plan a trip to the Disneyland area again next month, have used this site successfully in the past. Noticed that the express bid for my dates is very likely the Marriott Suites (which we have stayed at before and loved - thanks betterbidding)... however ... what is the likelihood if I bid that I will actually get the same property?? The only one I would like to avoid is the Red Lion which I worry may pop up if I bid, hence my curiosity on how often the Express and Bid are the same. I know in the past, I have used it as a tool to gauge price, so hoping it may ring true again this time?? Thoughts??

The Name Your Own Price side of PRICELINE, and their PRICELINE EXPRESS arm (as well as their 'retail' area) all use a different universe of hotels... some properties participate in one side of their service but not the other, and vice versa, and some participate with all three.

How much is the PRICELINE EXPRESS property and how much cheaper do you think you could win if you bid? Assuming it's a small difference i would just take the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal and be happy with the savings over a 'retail' purchase at the hotel, assuming you're confident it's the one you want... this would be especially true given that there are hotels in the zone that are hoping to avoid.

If you do ultimately use PRICELINE EXPRESS, when you report your win please provide the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associates with the property you purchased (or provide the full details now, including the dates of your stay, if you'd like us to have a look at the current offer)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The amenities are as follows:

Star Rating: 3½ Star

Guest Score: Rated 7.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet in public areas

Outdoor Swimming Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Offers a choice between the King Suite $81 or Family Suite $87

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]