Bidding Help

Forest
By Forest,
in

Hi there, I am new to this whole scene and was just looking for some help getting a cheaper ticket for an international flight. I am looking to fly to Costa Rica Jan 20th and returning Feb 28th. Prices for this flight RT are around $750. I am extremely flexible with flight times and layovers. Does anyone have advice as to what I should bid, or things that I can do to increase my chances of getting a cheap flight.

Thank you!

Hi there, I am new to this whole scene and was just looking for some help getting a cheaper ticket for an international flight. I am looking to fly to Costa Rica Jan 20th and returning Feb 28th. Prices for this flight RT are around $750. I am extremely flexible with flight times and layovers. Does anyone have advice as to what I should bid, or things that I can do to increase my chances of getting a cheap flight.

Thank you!

You didn't mention your origin city?

Romelle

The best fare I see (United's) for your specific dates is $738. It only improves to $734 if I use +/- 2 days.

Using a little wider search, there is a $694 fare (American) Jan 29-Mar 11.

If you click here you will find a good discussion on ways to get many bids for airfare.

Savings don't tend to be as good for airfare as for hotels and autos, but bidding is definitely worth a shot. You've nothing to lose but a little of your time.

I'm a member, not a board moderator, but I think if I were you I'd start my bidding at that $400 mark and move up by $25 increments to $500. Then by $20 increments. If I got too close to that $734 mark I'd opt for a direct purchase so I would have the benefit of selecting my dates and times.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]