Hotwire Hotel: Help with Maui/Ka'anapali 1/11-1/19

freemanrj
By freemanrj,
in

I started bidding for a 4* hotel in Ka'anapali about 3 weeks ago, with a bid of around $130. I've been bidding weekly, and taking advantage of 2 free re-bids. Now the trip is just under three weeks away, and I just got rejected at $185. There are no express deals that meet these criteria.

I'd rather not lower my star level. With the help of this forum, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Maui about 3 years ago for $140 a night, so I was spoiled by that. [i am using the PRICELINE link from this site.]

Has it been others' experience that the deals improve inside 3 weeks before travel? Thanks Betterbidding!

We haven't decided our max yet. I guess being at this point is somewhat unexpected, since we usually get fantastic deals. It would be possible for us to split up the trip into two stays. That is an interesting idea. What would you think would be the most likely to improve our results? Half at one place and half at the other?

I would try the following date combinations with a maximum bid of $165:

1/11-1/19

1/11-1/18

1/12-1/19

1/11-1/17

1/13-1/19

1/11-1/16

Should the above be rejected, PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the Ka'anapali - Lahaina zone for $173/nite with:

Free Internet

Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Business Center

Fitness Center

Using the discount code linked in my signature gives another 5% OFF and brings the $173/nite rate down to $165/nite and you can take this offer, then determine a new budget/strategy for 11/16-11/19.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the ideas. I would love that express deal, but I think it's a 3 star hotel for $173. At least that is what I am seeing when I check the express deals. I tried a few bids tonight, and bid up to $215 for the entire date range. Everything was rejected. I'm out of free rebids today, so I'll regroup tomorrow.

This links should work for awhile after posting, but if it expires just post back and i'll re-post a fresh one, but here is the 4 star Kaanapali-Lahaina property i was referring to (always double check the dates and other details at the landing page):

4* Kaanapali - Lahaina

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ahh, thanks for that link. I didn't realize that that 4* showed up when searching a shorter window. This time, I didn't have the guts to wait it out any longer. Travelocity also has opaque deals- which I just discovered tonight, so I purchased a 4* in Kaanapali for $238.99/night. I was certain it was the Westin, but it turned out to be the Sheraton. I probably would have been wiser to wait longer and be more strategic. This is a lot more than I envisioned paying, but I'm sure it will be a wonderful trip-- and the deals I've gotten in the past with the help of this site certainly make it more affordable for me overall. Thanks again for the help!

Should I be posting this Travelocity result somewhere?

Glad to see you found something that works for your needs.

If you didn't, please note from our Support Page that we are an affiliate of Travelocity as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies. Please check for and use the links there whenever possible for when PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]