Hotwire Hotel: 4* Midtown Central - Help ID please

ny-la-montreal
By ny-la-montreal,
in

Hi,

For a 2 night stay, Dec. 24-26, Hotwire is offering a 4* in Midtown Central.

Price per night is being quoted as $79.

Amenity set:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

...and "90%" recommend (TripAdvisor rating is 4.0).

Even with a unique amenity list including Free Internet, Pet friendly, and Self-Serve Laundry (!), I can't nail it from the BetterBidding Hotwire hotel list.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!!

These amenities are common for NYC, and while my best guess for this would be the Sheraton, i also would not exclude the Algonquin and/or the Helmsley Park Lane from the possibilities.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It turns out that transparent pricing is unusually reasonable for these dates.

For now, I've booked a traditional, non-opaque reservation...but I will continue to monitor HOTWIRE over the next few days to see if anything enticing is offered that beats the rate I've currently got. And of course, I will check and book using the BetterBidding link.

As always...thank you very much for the assistance so far.

The hotel I booked is the Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North.

Using a AAA discount (I have a valid membership), the room rate was:

$103.20 (Dec. 24)

$126.65 (Dec. 25)

for a total of $229.85 [or about $115/night].

With taxes, the total was $270.75 [or about $135/night].

I understand this property is not a 4*, but it seems to be as good as or superior to many other 4*s, like the chaotic Sheraton.

So for $135/night, all-inclusive, with a HHonors point earning opportunity, I'm happy -- for now.

You could also consider the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea for just $99/nite (less direct thru Hilton with a AAA discount??) which has even better reviews than the Hampton Inn above... although personally i prefer an 'average' higher rated hotel then a better reviewed lower rated hotel.

Also, as per our Support Page we are an affiliate of the Hampton Inn (and all Hilton brands) as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies, please check for and use the links there to begin your hotel direct purchases in the future.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

I kept my traditional (non-opaque) reservation at the Hampton Inn Times Square for this December 2013 trip. 

Great experience...large room with automatic deadbolt lock, good shower pressure, hard-working staff. 

Central location, of course. 

Breakfast room was an absolute zoo, but plenty of other options outside. 

Rate paid was as indicated above.  Excellent for Christmas week, I thought. 

Didn't know about the Hampton affiliate link at the time, but will use going forward. 

Belated thanks again! 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]