Priceline Hotel: 3* Indianapolis (Downtown) Hilton

Hippygal
By Hippygal,
in

Bid two different times, this is why the different rates. I forgot the Hilton is available at $37 until after I bid for the 10th through the 12th.

Bid 3 star, DT Indy..and got both wins on first try.

At least I know that three days out of our five day vacation will be spent in nice accomodations! :)

irishrose,

YES! I sure have! This is a wonderful hotel!!!!

Here are the details:

1. Parking is attached to the hotel $15 a day. You can park on the street (out back is a parking lot that you can park in that is easy to get in and out of) as long as you are gone by 7:00am (to be safe!) if you park in one of the business parking spots. There are meters against the wall that joins to the hotel in the same lot..but be careful!. It is free on the street. As I said, the lot out back is easy and free. However, I had a situation that I did not get my car out of the lot fast enough one morning when I had it in the metered section. I ended up missing by like 30 seconds!!! I ended up with a $15 ticket. So it made no sense! I just parked in the garage the rest of my stay there.

2. The pool I never visited when I was there (I think I have stayed there twice, can't remember..LOL). But I heard it was nice, but busy.

3. Skip the hotel restaurant (I am not even sure if it is open anymore now that they have added McCormick and Schmidt Seafood-excuse spelling- to the building.) If the hotel restaurant is still there..just skip it. LOL Too expensive. What I did in the morning is I would call down and ask for a la carte. I would get yogurt and Cottage cheese. They would LOAD it up and it would be only $2.50 or something. I don't think they knew how to charge me for it..LOL But everything else was like $10 for breakfast! (more than my per diem!). Anyway, the bar is nothing there if it is still in the restaurant. Stay away from that too.

4. The rooms are SO NICE! I really like the double bed rooms, with separate sleeping quarters! However, my room was AWESOME! I had a king bed Non Smoking room. BEAUTIFUL! The bathroom you could hold a dance party in..LOL (Just kidding, it isn't THAT big..but WOW it sure is nice!!!).

5. The valets are awesome, fun to talk with! But you do NOT have to use them to park your car in the garage. It costs too much. Just tell them you are going to self park. Make sure you get your parking ticket validated by the front desk. They will charge the fee to your credit card on file.

All in all, you will LOVE this hotel! Excellent location, great front desk staff (the best is the night staff!!!) Make sure you fill out a comment card for good service. They REALLY appreciate this!!

By the way, the business center is the best I have come across. Everything is free to use and very, very nice. Well equipped with all supplies needed and a copy machine that is free to use! That saved me a TON of money when I was there on business.

Have a great time! I wish I knew it was available for $36 when I bid! WOW!!! Thanks for the tip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]