Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help Request for 10/29 outside NYC

sageblue
By sageblue,
in

We'd like to have a place to crash after seeing friends next Saturday and would prefer to spend less than $100. We will be driving up from Philadelphia, but plan on taking public transit to get into the city, so we'd like to stay near a PATH or NJT station, but, since we have the car, we are flexible.

Right now, the best deal on Hotwire is $70 for a 3.5* in Edison (Restaurant, pool, exercise, business) which I assume is the Sheraton; ideally, we'd like the Hyatt in Jersey City, but nothing above a 2* is showing on Hotwire so I don't know how much luck we'd have on Priceline.

Anyway, any bidding strategy you could provide would be most appreciated!

it looks like the Crowne Plaza in Secaucus is available for $81 on Hotwire. This is a good location for access to NYC. The reviews on tripadvisor are mixed, but I have stayed here and it is fine for one night. Using Priceline, you might be able to get this for $65, select Secaucus-North Bergen 3*. If that fails, you may want to increase by $5 and add the Jersey City Zone.

Edison-New Brunswick is about a 30-45 minute train ride into the city, and the hotels in this zone typically have low occupancy on weekends, so you might get lucky in this zone with a $40 bid for a 3* property. It is not as convenient as Jersey City or Secaucus

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]