Rent a minivan at NYC

Kkhwann
By Kkhwann,
in

Hi, I'm new here. I'm from Thailand and will travel in USA. :)

I've planned to pick-up minivan (6people in my group) at NYC(16March2014) and drop-off at Reagan national airport,

Washington DC(21March2014) - 6days.

(I also try to change to pick-up at the airport and found that both JFK+La Guardia more expensive than pick-up at NYC!!)

I found the lowest price from PL (retail price), 503/week at National company.

(I also look on National website, it's the same rate)

So I try to use name your price, but it's said

"Name Your Own Price is not available for the itinerary you requested. The best available rates are shown below."

Then PL give the retail price to me.

Please help me. TIA :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

One-way rentals are only available for select city pairs, and this is not one of them.

Do you need a vehicle to go to different locations during this trip OR is the primary purpose to travel from NYC to DC, as you do have quite a few transportation options available (and cheaper than the above) if the only purpose of the car is to get from NYC to DC (and you also then don't need to pay for parking in either city).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've already read my message, and I always get to PL by click the link in this board :)

I've planned to drive a car travel from NYC -> Boston -> Buffalo,Niagara falls -> Hershey -> Philadelphia -> Baltimore -> Washington DC

//It is OK, do you have any comment? :)

Can you explain this to me, One-way rentals are only available for select city pairs, and this is not one of them.

I don't get it :(, do you mean that I have to choose between city and city, I can't choose the airport?

Further more, Do you have any suggest price for the minivan for that period?

Thank you very much

Can you explain this to me, One-way rentals are only available for select city pairs, and this is not one of them.
PRICELINE does not offer bidding for a car rental from NYC --> DC. This is a one-way rental as the pick-up and drop-off locations are different. Rental companies don't like these very much as they then have to figure out a way, over time, to get the vehicle back to the pick-up location, and that is why you pay a premium for most one-way rentals. Bidding for a one-way rental from NYC-->DC is not an itinerary that you can bid on. You can try different airport combinations (JFK-->DCA, JFK-->IAD, EWR-->DCA, etc, etc) to see if one-way bidding is available for any of those city/airport pairs.
I've planned to drive a car travel from NYC -> Boston -> Buffalo,Niagara falls -> Hershey -> Philadelphia -> Baltimore -> Washington DC
It sounds like you will need a car for this itinerary
Further more, Do you have any suggest price for the minivan for that period?
You can use our Car Rental Checker to help search for the best price.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]