Priceline Hotel: Stockholm 5* Bidding 7-10 March 2014

ElPal
By ElPal,
in

Having looked at the hotels won for Stockholm in the 5* category I determined that it was most likely to be the Sheraton hotel.

Accordingly, I looked at the hotel website and saw that the retail rate was $226 per night.

As I have sometimes had luck at the 60% off point, I started my bidding there being $90 per night completely expecting the bids to be rejected for being too low.

I bid as follows, using your PRICELINE link and closing out and re-entering using it each time and adding my rebid zones:

$90

$100

$105

$110

$115

$120

$123

We have used all the rebid zones available to us for now so will start again in 24 hours, again using your PRICELINE link.

Thanks, I realise that the other hotels are possibilities but figured it was most likely that it was probably the cheapest of the 5* that was the one on which I was bidding but in any event they are happy with any 5* property in central Stockholm.

Re maximum bid, I think $180 is probably about it. As the stay isn't until March next year (I note I put 2013 in the subject by accident that should be 2014) there isn't any particular rush in any event. We'll probably bid (again using your link and re-entering via your PRICELINE link for each rebid zone) as follows: $125, $130, $135, $140, $145, $150, $155 when the 24 hours are up and hopefully maybe have some luck somewhere in that range.

Just a quite update, while always your links we placed the following rejected bids and no counter-offers were made:

$125, $130, $135, $140, $145

At this point we may look at 4* options on retail sites instead and see if we may be able to get something that includes breakfast instead.

I will keep you updated.

You can also try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which will make it easy to see rates for 5* hotels in the zone as well as how much savings could be had if lowering your star rating to 4 stars.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]