Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Juan (Isla Verde - Carolina - SJU) Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde

bigbird090
By bigbird090,
in

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the hotel and deal you received.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the new star rating for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks. Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update to the stay. Here is the review I put on tripadvisor based on my stay. I'm sad to say the stay could have gone better:

I have stayed twice in this property. First time was in 2008 using a government rate. Back then check in was good and services were great.

I since returned in December of 2013. I used HOTWIRE to bid for a 4 star hotel and got a reservation here. Initially I was happy and looking forward to returning, but I left the property disappointed. When i first checked in, the property wanted to charge me for a third guest despite directly paying hotwire for the three guests. Of course I showed them the receipt that clearly stated that the rate included 3 guests. After debating for 15 minutes, management took out the charge "as a favor". When we got to our room, the TV image would often freeze and stay out of sync with the sound. Around 2 AM on our first night, the smoke alarm somehow started making soft (but nevertheless annoying) sounds. All three of us awoke, but were too tired to call the front desk. Finally, when we checked out one day later, the hotel wanted to charge us twice for taxes. Again, we contacted the front desk where (luckily) the receptionist was aware of the issue and fixed the issue. I left the conversation pondering whether the hotel knew all along about this issue.

I do not want to make this only a negative review, because the beach staff in particular was very nice, courteous, and friendly. When we needed help getting towels, setting chairs, or getting local recommendations, they were prompt and helpful. Their service was excellent.

Overall, however, I would be cautious when dealing with this property

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]