Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Chillicothe Comfort Inn and Suites Chillicothe

eisforpants
By eisforpants,
in

I have read a lot in this forum, and I think I'm ready to place my first bid, but I want to verify that I am doing this correctly.

Going to Chillicothe MO on 11/27-11/29. There is a 2 1/2 star which is the Comfort Inn regular price $99.00 express price is $75.00.

I want to start my bidding at $40.00 and go up in 1 dollar increments until I get to $56, which is what I can get a 1 star for (Either Econolodge or Super 8), at which time, I'll bid $25 for a two star..but I'll come back and ask questions about that later...I really want the Comfort Inn.

Anyway...looking at the map in priceline, I can automatically rebid by adding the following one by one.

Carrollton

Macon

Higginsville

Marshall

Kirksville

Bethany

Sweet Springs

Moberly

Shelbina

So that would give me 10 bids a day correct?

In your professional experience, what do you feasibly see me getting this 2 1/2 star for? What approx will the fees be?

Thanks so much for your help. I will go through this site when I start the bidding process.

Kim

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have your current re-bid zones correct for the 2.5* level (but always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked)

Your expectation for nearly half the rate of the 2.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS property is too aggressive, imo (and your $25 bidding for a 2* hotel is too low as well, imo). As well, with only two days before your arrival i wouldn't mess around with $1 bid increments... if you're able to get a room that normally sets for $100/nite does it really matter if you win it at $46, $48, or $50?? Better to bid in (at least) $2 bid increments, hit your maximum bid for that star level today, then if your bid is rejected move on to the next star rating and bidding cycle so that you're doing thing at the very last minute and run out of bidding options.

My guess is that you're likely looking at $60-$73 for a 2.5* hotel in this zone. Let us know if you want to increase your maximum bid, or keep it at $56, and we can suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]