Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place) The Westin Seattle

djs
By djs,
in

Started by looking on HOTWIRE and noticed that when I searched for two nights instead of three, the prices for what appeared to be the same hotel were about $20 less per night. Then went onto PRICELINE and initially bid for a 4.5 star hotel at $150 for two nights,that bid was rejected. Upped it to $155 and added 4* bid was accepted; I then took advantage of the Priceline offer to extend my stay at the same rate, which was successful.t

It looks like you are bidding again, but this time with the knowledge that you are now bidding for one specific hotel. I do not know if this offer comes up every time on a PRICELINE bid, but in the 10+ years I've been bidding on PRICELINE I don't think I've ever not been offered to extend my stay. Without knowing this I can't actually recommend this particular strategy, if you need 3 nights the best option may be to bid for 3 unless you don't mind the risk of moving.

Total price for all nights including taxes/fees etc came to $587 where I had booked trough the Westin using a AAA discount it would have come to $994. Quite happy with my $400+ savings.

I only searched the Downtown/Pike Place area.

As always, I used the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links from this site to conduct my search and eventual purchase.

Congratulations on your success!

Nicely done! Glad to see you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received.

Even when the 'extend your stay' option is provided, it doesn't ensure that you will be able to extend your stay... PRICELINE will come back with one of three responses:

1) you've successfully extended the stay

2) a room is available but only at $xx more (and you then have the option to accept the higher price or not)

3) no rooms available to extend the stay at the same property

Therefore your strategy works if you're willing to change hotels should you not be able to extend your stay (or if the price to extend your stay is too much more than your previous win)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]