Priceline Hotel: Bidding help Fort Lauderdale multiple rooms

jayshar
By jayshar,
in

I have need help I have been bidding (using the links from this site) for 5 rooms for Jan 8-9 in the downtown and Fort Lauderdale beach zones.

I am bidding on 3-4 stars starting from $65 up to 86 but keep being declined. This is a pre cruise hotel need, we will not have a car so we

Are trying to find a area with food and restaurants in walking distance plus we would like to stay fairly close to the port area..any suggestions?

Do you think the reason for my rejection is because the amount of rooms? I have always been able to get a room in these areas for around $76 .

I don't believe the issue is the number of rooms... current rates are higher then usual for this nite (likely some event in the area??)

Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find for a 3* or better in one of these zones for your dates?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The best rate for a 3star downtown is $152 Hyatt Place,. The beach has $169 Hilton Marina 4 star. They 3 star Ocean Sky $149 ( which has terrible reviews).

I must add I bidded for a 3 star downtown not on the Beach beach I was afraid we would end up with the Ocean Sky hotel...has anyone ever reported this hotel as a win ????

All hotels reported to the board can be found in the Priceline Hotel List.

You can view the various wins for this property by using the SEARCH FEATURE on the board (search 'TOPIC TITLES ONLY' and search for +OCEAN +SKY (the '+' forces that the word be in the search) or clicking the 'view wins' link when seeing this property in our Priceline Maps.

This property was last reported to the board thru HOTWIRE in October of this year and from PRICELINE in May of this year.

However, more specifically related to your stay... i assume you have bid for a 3* up to $86/nite? (or did you only bid this high at the 4* and/or 3.5* levels?) Even if at the 3* level, your highest bid so far is just over half of prevailing rates, and well under half price at many other hotels.

If not including the Beach zone at the 3* level, i think you're likely looking in the $100-$120/nite for these dates (or maybe even a bit higher). I will also add that i'm seeing what i believe to be the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel on HOTWIRE for $121/nite if this is of any interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All hotels reported to the board can be found in the Priceline Hotel List.

You can see the various wins for this property by using the SEARCH FEATURE on the board (search 'TOPIC TITLES ONLY' and search for +OCEAN +SKY (the '+' forces that the word be in the search) or clicking the 'view' link next to this property in our Priceline Maps.

This property was last reported to the board thru HOTWIRE in October of this year and from PRICELINE in May of this year.

However, more specifically related to your stay... i assume you have bid for a 3* up to $86/nite? (or did you only bid this high at the 4* and/or 3.5* levels?) Even if at the 3* level, your highest bid so far is just over half of prevailing rates, and well under half price at many other hotels.

If not including the Beach zone at the 3* level, i think you're likely looking in the $100-$120/nite for these dates (or maybe even a bit higher). I will also add that i'm seeing what i believe to be the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel on HOTWIRE for $121/nite if this is of any interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

I tried rebidding again this time I started at $75 went up to $90 in the downtown area and it was still declined. Then I bidded 3-4 star Fort Lauderdale Beach area started at $75 went up to $86 still decline. :(

I guess I will keep trying but I don't really want to spend more than $90 per room.I may have to try my luck in the airport area.

While the airport zone may help, at the moment it will still likely take near your $90 budget to be successful there, imo.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]