Priceline Hotel: Need help Dec 26th - Dec 28th

bschnuck
By bschnuck,
in

Hello,

Heading to Vegas Dec 26th through the 28th. Want to stay at a 4* or 5* place, will definately bid for the Venetian/Bellagio first via Priceline, but wanted to see what you guys think a starting bid should be. It appears that it is on Hotwire for $175, and the actual room rates are $179 on their website. We are a little far out I think but time to start trying.

Also, having never been to Vegas and location on the strip doesnt matter to me, would you guys recommend NYNY, Luxor, MGM, or something else as a good backup...for the money. Luxor is $99 or something on their website, seems like a nice place.

Who needs a travel agent when we have you guys. Thanks in advance for your help.

I stayed at the Luxor a couple of years ago, and I really liked it. The elevator ride is a wild experience... it goes up at an angle because of the pyramid shape of the building. I thought the room decor was interesting.. everything reflects the Egyptian theme of the hotel. It is also on the monorail between the Excalibur and ... dang.. can't remember the name of the other hotel.

JB

In regards to budget, lets go with $125.

I think we would like to stay at a 5* so if it's worth it we could spend more still, but with so many hotels that look nice in the $100-120 price range on their own websites, we just want to stay somewhere good for the $.

Not planning on staying at the hotel that much and since it'll be a little chilly for water activities why spend all the cash.

You have multiple re-bid zones at the 5* level; if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I'm doubtful you'll be successful with a $125 limit, but this is how i would proceed:

Select 5* Strip...

Bid $99, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]