Priceline Hotel: 5* Tokyo Shinjuku or Shibuya

teskitoe
By teskitoe,
in

See my reply to your previous priceline htoel topic regarding occupancy and confirm if you're willing to take the risk of using PRICELINE for more than double occupancy OR if you prefer to pursue HOTWIRE where you can select up to quad occupancy... using PRICELINE for more than two guests is a risk, one which is greater when traveling overseas where rooms are usually smaller than their US counterparts (and many rooms are only designed for double occupancy and may have smaller beds than the average US hotel)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried Shunjuku 5* at $154 failed

Added Shibuya rebid $164 failed

Added Ginza rebid $176 failed

Was too scared to bid higher or add any other districts for fear that I might end up with a 5* in North Tokyo or something because I am inexperienced. I think I just got the hang of the rebid strategy. These are the zones listed on PriceLine:

Shinjuku 5*

Shibuya 4*

North tokyo 3*

Ginza 4*

City center 5*

Tokyo - takanawa 4*

Narita 4*

What do you think?

Yes, you have your FIVE re-bid zones correct when bidding 5* in this region, but always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last looked.

What would be your maximum bid for a 5* hotel for this trip? (and i'll reiterate my occupancy concerns when using PRICELINE for four people in this area)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My budget was $200 including taxes and all that and I have already crossed that. I can't move to a 4* either since I have already expanded into Ginza zone.

I think I will heed your advice though and skip Priceline. It's going to really suck if I end up with one bed for all 4 of us and hotel doesn't cooperate.

I checked out HOTWIRE which is quoting $230 for a 4.5 star in Shinjuku area. Do you have any idea which hotel it might be?

I'd rather not. The amenities listed are "Indoor Poo", that's it. Since it's Shinjuku and 4.5* I am guessing it is most likely the Hyatt Regency (I checked HotWire standard Shinjuku). I think I might have seen Intercontinental there as well, not sure. Either way, those wouldn't be a good deal. If It's the Tokyo Hilton, that would be a good deal but I doubt it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]