Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

fairfranco
By fairfranco,
in

Hi,

i'm new to this forum and the whole priceline thing but i'll try to give you the details needed so that i can get some help!

i'm going to New York in Janury and would like to Find a 4 or 5 Star hotel for one night of my stay.

15th January. or possibly 14th and 15th January.

Anywhere in the Midtown area is good.

Can anyone give me any good tips on how to get the best prices and hotels from these sites, suggest one over the other etc?

And obviously how much would be a good amount to bid for a room of 4 or 5 Star in New York

thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Guaranteed for late nite arrival means that the hotel will not release your reservation (and give your room to another guest) if you don't show up by 6pm.

As far as bidding for the above stay, rates in NYC are usually fairly inexpenisve (by NYC standards) in January... but you'll need to firm up your plans and determine the dates of your stay before we'll be able to take a look. Once you're plans are firm (as your accepted bids are non-cancellabel/non-changable/non-refundable) we'll take a closer look and suggest a strategy for you to follow to help you get the best deal.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd hope that's do-able...

You have two re-bid zones at the 4* level, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

I would start with the above and if rejected we can take it from there.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ahhhhh bollocks.

thanks for your help. i've just screwed myself over.

i went to the US site but found i couldn't use that one as it's for americans only so went to the UK one.

put all my details in and began to use the same logic. however I didn't check the currency when entering the price!

i got the Grand Hyatt for

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]