Priceline Hotel: 3* Nashville (Downtown - Metro Center) Springhill Suites Nashville Metro

BaseballNut
By BaseballNut,
in

Hello,

I'm hoping you could suggest a bidding strategy that I may be overlooking.

Nov. 23-25, Downtown Metro Center

Ideally: 3.5 star or above. Hoping for $125ish tops. Unreasonable?

Would be willing to go to a 3 star, even 2.5 star, since I know my price is super low. The location is most important, and I may be willing to up the price if advised for that area. Would also possibly consider Vanderbilt - West End, but am wary of that because we'd like to be walking distance to Broadway.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

To confirm, that is $125 per nite? If so, i do think that this may be too low for a 3.5* or better property in this zone, but if you want to give it a try:

When bidding 3.5* in the Nashville region you have TEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown - Metro Center...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, $125/nt. I know that was pretty low for a 3.5*, just thought I'd try. B)

I started higher than you suggested and went up to $135 with no luck. I'll try again tomorrow just adding a 3* and then 2.5* to keep the price low. Any suggestions still appreciated -- generally I use PL for NYC, so this is different for me with not as many options.

Thank you!

I'm not sure what's going on during this period in terms of higher-than-average costs, but it appears largely on the first night. If you look up the second night separately on HOTWIRE, there is a 3.5* in the downtown area for $84 and a 4* for $127 - you could likely get a hotel at either star rating for at least moderately less via bidding. Splitting your stay for a two night stay is certainly not optimal, but I did want to throw out the idea that the second night appears much cheaper than the first.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Well I tried the 3.5* up to $135 again and was rejected, so I went to the 3* straight to $135 (my mistake, ugh).

I was finally accepted for Springhill Suites. While I am pretty disappointed that the location is quite far away and at the very edge of the zone, it's really no farther than had I chosen to go the slightly cheaper route in Vanderbilt. AND there's FREE parking and free breakfast, so that's always a plus. I just wish they had a free shuttle downtown like the Holiday Inn Vanderbilt.

Overall I'm bummed the prices were so high, but I like the adventure of not knowing what hotel I'll get.

Thanks for the help! It is much appreciated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]