Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* New York City (Long Island City - Elmhurst) Red Roof Inn Queens

MarcioK
By MarcioK,
in

Hello, newbie here in evertything - in NYC, in using Priceline and this forum. :) But I've researched a lot about using Priceline and even tried some (very ambitious) bids for this trip.

I already know that the period that I want is one of the busiest ever in the city, but I want to know (and if you can suggest me some strategy) to get and hotel in Manhattan in the $80-100 range in this period. Since I'll only sleep at the hotel, a 2 to 3 stars hotel would be adequate - I only need a good bed and a clean (and safe - I'll have a lot of photo equipment) room to sleep. Of course, I'll be very pleased to get a 3+ or 4 stars in this price range, but I think it is impossible in this period.

If this task is impossible, I don't mind to be in the Manhattan's nearest areas of Brooklyn, Williamsburg or Long Island City, if I can have a quick way to go to Manhattan (metro / train). In fact, this is my second question: there is a Express Deal in Priceline of a 2* hotel, with guest score 7.0 or higher, Free Internet available, Free Parking, Airport Shuttle, Business Center and Fitness Center. Using the normal seach, the map view and the amenities, I've narrowed it to two hotels: the Sleep Inn Brooklyn Downtown (but it did not have the airport shuttle listed) and the Sleep Inn Jfk Airport Rockaway Blvd (it is the only 2* with all these amenities listed, but it is in Queens). Any antoher guesses?

Thanks in advance. :)

Welcome to BetteBidding!

If you haven't yet please start by reading your messages.

At the moment (and likely in the future) something in Manhattan for under $100 is not very likely for these dates, imo.

HOTWIRE does have a 2.5* hotel offered in the Long Island City zone

I'm not certain of the PRICELINE EXPRESS property (this is the one located in Brooklyn, correct??) but a guess would be the Comfort Inn Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

The 'problem' with any of the areas outside of Manhattan is that as you get further away from Manhattan the zones get larger and subway access gets more spread out, so it becomes harder to ensure that you'll be in a convenient location with good subway access.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply.

Long Island City looks like a very good option, much nearer to Manhattan than Brooklyn. I saw that Hotwire offer, any tips in what hotel it could be? They say the list price is $181 (in this case it could be the Vetiver, the Red Roof Long Island City or the Confort Inn Long Island City), but in the savings "ballon" that appears on the offer they say 28% discount (would be $124 the full price)- in the case it could be the Fairfield Inn Marriott Long Island City that is listed for $134 in the regular price in Hotwire. Don't know where Hotwire get these full prices for comparison, how it usually be?

All of these options would be ok - maybe not the Red Roof, that is somewhat far from the nearest subway station (I'll probably arrive somewhat late all nights).

In fact, looking with more caution about the description in the Hotwire offer, the description of the hotel lists a lot of a accessibilty options - and using the filters in the map view of the Long Island City area, only the Red Roof Long Island City and the Fairfield Inn Marriott Long Island City have these acessibility options. But that filter configuration is somewhat flawed - if I activate "Internet Access" the Red Roof dissapears, and the hotel have free-wifi.

Congrats on your success. :)

Nice deal for this property and hope the hotel will work well for your travel plans. Thank you for letting us know about this new HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Additionally, the accessible amenities on HOTWIRE do not mean accessible room, but general accessible amenities offered by the underlying hotel.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase?

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

AaronJB, the amenities listed in the hot Rate deal were Free Breakfast and Free Internet; below appeared an "Acessibility" section containing the itens Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel,In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking. The offer is still running, albeit the price is now $96.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming if there was also a ROLL-IN SHOWER amenity associated with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]