Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Omni Shoreham

savvy31
By savvy31,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please clarify the zone(s) you are looking for and/or whether or not you are looking to use Priceline or Hotwire....

You list the zone you want as (White House-Capitol Hill) which is a Hotwire zone... but priceline uses two separate zones: (White House - Downtown) and (Convention Center - Capitol Hill).

Let us know and suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about that! I would be using Priceline --- I haven't tried Hotwire in the past and so I'm not familiar with it.

Either of these zones would be fine:

Convention Ctr - Capitol Hill Area

Dupont Circle - Woodley Park (I understand a lot of people try this zone because of the two hotels available)

White House - Downtown

I would prefer the White House - Downtown Area the most, followed by either Dupont Circle - Woodley Park or Convention Ctr - Capitol Hill Area. It'd be nice to be close to the Metro, but since you can't specify that, I think either of these are "close".

I just tried Priceline:

White House - Downtown

Bid: 85.00

Rejected

Re-Bid

Added Convention Ctr - Capitol Hill Area

Bid: 85.00

Rejected

Re-Bid

Added Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

Bid: 90.00

Rejected

I wish you would have waited before bidding as you're not optimizing your strategy.

First, are you familiar with re-bidding? If not, please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your zones with the board before proceeding further. You have five re-bid zones available when bidding 4* in the Washington DC area.

Once you have your re-bid zones down we'll take the next step.... i assume the you just placed the bids above today?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, I figured that you were going to say that!! Actually, I placed these bids late last night, logged in as me. I did read the re-bidding post, however I think I got confused... and so I will read it again! I'm soooo not good at this!

I'll get back to you... and thanks for your help!

So what i would do (at this point... don't follow this same strategy in 72 hours):

Select the three zones you are willing to accept (for which you have already bid up to $90)...

Select the three zones and re-bid zone1....

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $115.

By adding a re-bid zone to the three other zones it enables you to bid again immediately (without waiting 72 hours). So i would try the above and then if rejected let us know and we'll suggest another strategy to try after your 72 hour lock-out expires. Bidding the above will 're-set' the 72 hours clock to the time of your last bid... so you want to do this as soon as possible rather than "in the next day or two" as waiting will only delay the point at which you can re-bid.

You are encouraged to confirm your re-bid zones with the board if you're unsure at all.

Let us know how it goes or any additional questions.

Tried the following Bids --- this is second attempt after 72 Hours:

4* - White House - Downtown - $100 - rejected

added - Alexandria Mt Vernon- $105 - rejected

added - Alexandria Pentagon - $110 - rejected

added - Arlington - $115 - rejected

added - Crystal City - $120 - rejected

added - Springfield $125 - rejected

What should I do now? Should I add the other 4* locations that would be okay, Convention Ctr-Capital Hill and Dupont Circle, etc. or????

Thanks again!

No, I made them after your suggestion... I haven't tried anything in the last day or two. Thanks for all your help, btw... I had no idea last month when I used Priceline that there was strategy... I put in 175.00 and got a room, of course fairly quickly... it was last minute though and I was desparate!

So thanks!

I think there was some confusion as to what you were supposed to do above, as you didn't include all three acceptable zones in your first bid:

Select the three zones and re-bid zone1....

Am i correct that in your previous bidding you never bid the Convention Center or Dupont zones?

When will it be 72 hours since your last bid?

Okay, I had my husband try...

4* - Convention Ctr - Capital Hill

4* - Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

4* - White House - Downtown - $100 - rejected

added - Alexandria Mt Vernon- $110 - rejected

added - Alexandria Pentagon - $120 - rejected

added - Arlington - $125 - rejected

added - Crystal City - $135 - rejected

added - Springfield $150 - ACCEPTED

Omni Shoreham

Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

2500 Calvert Street Northwest

Washington, District Of Columbia 20008

202-234-0700

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $600.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $97.72

Total Charges: $697.72

YEA!! Thanks for the tips!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]