TX San Antonio Radisson Market Squre Downtown

bembowen
By bembowen,
in

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I wanted to report on our stay at the Radisson Market Square.

First of all, my confirmation says it's a 2.5*, which is confusing, since what I read on Priceline says that you will get either an equal or greater star rating on whatever you win. I've written to ask for clarification, but if anyone has insight on this, I'm all ears--or eyes.

The day after I won, I called to confirm that they had my reservation, which they did. I asked if they offered anything special for special occasions, as this was for our anniversary. She said that if they had one available, they would upgrade us to a suite, which they did. The suite was really big, a typical hotel room with the typical comforter, artwork, and furniture, but bigger, with a kitchen sink and a mini fridge. Although we did note that one of their pieces of art was hung upside down, we think. No view to speak of--I imagine the prime rooms have a view of the pool, which is an outdoor one, but in the middle of the courtyard area.

We ordered room service breakfast for the next day. They have little boxes you can tick so you can select a juice, a baked good, and coffee or tea. I said I wanted a muffin, but they meant an English muffin. It wasn't bad--just a surprise. For both of us, before gratuity and tax, the total was $10.50. After everything, it was something like $18. They did not, however, bring up some flowers my husband had ordered for me. In fact, they didn't even call to let him know they had arrived. He was a little frustrated since he only happened to see them at the front desk when we were on our way out for the day.

They don't have as good of cable as I thought they would (no VH1, no Comedy Central, no HGTV), but they did have HBO and Starz. Since we don't have cable at home, we pay attention to that sort of thing. Housekeeping came by and made the bed. I couldn't say if they changed the sheets, but I did notice afterward that one of them had a pretty big stain on it.

They do provide a shuttle service for four or five selected spots downtown. It runs until 11:45 p.m. To get anywhere, you pretty much have to drive or take the shuttle, because the hotel is right next to the highway. You could technically walk to a few places on the west side of downtown (maybe a mile walk? slightly less?), but I don't think I'd recommend it. The shuttle served its purpose, and their time estimates were always accurate.

All in all, it wasn't a bad place to stay. If I didn't have to, I wouldn't choose it again, but the upgrade did make up for some of my initial disappointment, since I was hoping for something truly 3* or better.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]