Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Brookline - Newton - Fenway) Crowne Plaza Boston-Newton

TallGene
By TallGene,
in

Just booked three nights, 12/4-12/7, at the Crowne Plaza at Newton Corner for $82 (using the betterbidding HOTWIRE link, of course). I had looked at this the night before and it was $80, so I jumped on it before it went any higher. Regular rate is $154 prepaid plus tax; $160 prepaid with parking and breakfast, plus tax; flexible (non-prepaid) rate is $179 plus tax, so this is a GREAT deal. Hotwire's taxes and fees came to $47.57 for the three nights, so it's still under $100/night including taxes and fees.

I had booked this hotel in June, so thought it was a good chance to be the same one, based on the rating and amenities.

Amenities:

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Pool(s)

Business Center

Indoor Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Internet Access

Accessible for the Blind

TripAdvisor rating of 3.5

This is a decent enough hotel, though they did not come through on several requests we made by telephone before our previous stay, including for a king-size bed and non-foam pillows (had to go buy some for my wife's neck issues; they said they could furnish them, so she didn't bring her own, then when we arrived they said they didn't have any).

NOTE ALSO: Parking is not included and I think they charge $12/night. There is plenty of street parking; directly outside the hotel, if you will be leaving by around 9:00 a.m. (I think; check the meters), or, one block up Center Street (turning left out the front door of the hotel, rather than right, as the car drive goes) there is free 2-hr. street parking that allows you to leave the car overnight until 10:00 a.m. But if you plan on going into the city, you're better off paying the $12/night and take the express bus, rather than paying Boston parking prices.

If you stay here, check out the pizza/sub place 1/2 block up Center Street (turn left out of hotel, down steps, and cross major thoroughfare). It has been there since I lived in the area as a child over 40 years ago. I usually pick up some pizzas to bring home along with a sub to eat on the plane.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are familiar with this property... sounds like you know the area well and this will be convenient for your plans.

I think there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process. Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay and return visit to this property.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here's the full list of Amenities from the Hotwire confirmation page:

Free Internet

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]