Priceline Hotel: REJECTED: 5* Hamburg Germany

Welldone Rumproast
By Welldone Rumproast,
in

My initial bid for USD 81 was rejected (as I expected).

Priceline only has one zone in Hamburg, therefore re-bids will have to be 72 hours apart.

TOBB indicates that a 5* bid for USD 95 was accepted last year at the Raffles Vier Jahrszeiten, whick is a true 5-star property right on the shore of the Inner Alster (the lake in the middle of the center city (I stayed there one time in 2000 on a deeply-discounted promotional rate).

To my knowledge, the only other possible 5* properties would be the Kempinski Atlantic or the Park Hyatt Hamburg. I've never seen a Kempinski property come up on PL, and the Park Hyatt is more like a 4.5, so I'm going to proceed on the assumption that it is the V.J (the other two hotels are in the same general central city area, with the Park Hyatt very near the Hauptbahnhof (train station).

There's a EUR 155 promotional rate (USD 168.52 at today's exchange rate - one twin bed excluding breakfast) but it is not cancellable so I'll hold back - instead I'll probably book a cancellable backup room at a 4* like the Marriott (which is just a block or so from the V.J.).

I'll updade the thread with my subsequent bids.

(Another note: The V.J. is owned by Raffles which also owns the Swissotel in Berlin, which is the most-often-seen 5* in Berlin, so it's jost a little more circumstantial evidence that it's probably the V.J.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]