Can frequent rental number be used w/ PL reservation?

GinJ
By GinJ,
in

Hi. I'm an experienced Priceline user in Pennsylvania, though new to this forum. I'm interested in doing a Name-Your-Own-Price car rental, which means that I can't choose which company I'll get. Both my husband and I want to be able to drive the car, and I know that PL says that you can add a 2nd driver at the counter. Different companies and different states have different policies about whether you have to pay for the spouse as a 2nd driver. In Pennsylvania, companies are allowed to charge for the spouse, and some do, though most others will waive the charges for the spouse if you are a member of their frequent use program and enter the number when you make the reservation (through them.) My question is, if I make the reservation through PL and end up with one of the rental companies that charges for the spouse as 2nd driver, will I be allowed to enter the frequent program number to my PL reservation at the counter in order to waive that charge?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We look forward to hearing about, and helping with, your future travel plans.

It is company and/or location specific, but most rental companies will not honor loyalty perks on PRICELINE and HOTWIRE reservations.

I assume you're looking to rent in Pennsylvania?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]