Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Bangor - Orono (Bangor North - Orono) University Inn Academic Suites

GillianG
By GillianG,
in

I have been using Better Bidding for at least 7 years, however I forgot my username login credentials within the last year. However, I always click on the links on BetterBidding to get me great deals around the world. I need help with booking a hotel room in Bangor Maine for the entire week of Thanksgiving. I want to avoid the Best Western Whitehouse Inn because it is very far from Bangor and Orono, which is where we plan to visit. We stayed in that shack about 6 years ago and it was horrible! The restaurant is not a restaurant but more of a dive bar in a basement! That should be fine for most people, but not us. Anyway, I am trying to book a three star place in Bangor or Orono while avoiding the Best Western (gag!). Please help me get a great deal in Bangor Maine. Thank you for all advice. Aaron, you rock, and I am counting on you my friend!!!

Great advice! Thank you! I don't have any clue of the email address I used to sign up... anyway... I am now GillianG! :)

Dates are from 11/23 through 11/29 of this year.

Max bid would be around 80 a night. I am willing to spend the extra money (about 100 a night) to assure myself of a hotel other than the Best Western. Regular market price ranges from about 110 to 150 for a 3 star in Bangor. 2.5 star in Orono is about 100 a night. But they are quite quaint and old.

Thank you again for any help!!!

It appears that the Best Western Whitehouse Inn is 2* rated on PRICELINE... so why not look at PRICELINE EXPRESS where there are 2.5* and 3* hotels in this zone for $75/$72 respectively?

I am also seeing what i believe to be the Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road offered on HOTWIRE for $73/nite should this work for your needs (if so we can discuss the details further before moving forward)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

How about the University Inn for the same price? It's lower rated, but a 4.0/5.0 TA rating and high user satisfaction rating from previous HOTWIRE guests... would this work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

EDIT TO ADD: sorry, just realized this is in the North zone... too far from where you need to be?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If needed, the 2.5* i'm guessing is the University Inn is in the Bangor North-Orono zone and has the following amenities:

Complimentary Breakfast

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Pool

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how it goes and what you ultimately end up with.

Good luck!

Thank you again for your help! Just in case others are reading this, I have stayed at this fantastic property earlier this year for 6 nights. Everything they say is true, but I will clarify on a few things. The pool is outdoors. It is fantastic and kept up well, but obviously is only open during the summer. The breakfast is REAL food, eggs, bacon, sausage, breads, bagels, etc. They do an amazing job of keeping fresh cooked food available. However, I did grow tired of it, maybe that is my fault. Unfortunately, the breakfast is in the basement, and there is no elevator. So if you have physical challenges, be forewarned. However, the staff is so nice, I am sure they would be able to bring up foods to your room if you asked.

Overall the hotel is very nice compared to the other accommodations in the Bangor area. Please consider staying here. The one plus is that every single room has access to a private balcony or patio (first floor). Yes it is old, but aside from the creaky floors, you would not notice. The renovations make the establishment look similar to a Courtyard Marriot but with charm. Props to being a two minute walk to Pat's Pizza! Yum!

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that this will work for your needs this trip.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your results, helping us confirm this property for the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]