Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - Woodley Park) Omni Shoreham Hotel

Canada2012
By Canada2012,
in

OK got a great seat sale on Southwest out of Buffalo for $97 return from Buffalo to Baltimore. Going to stay in DC.

Now my budget as I was looking at Expedia, Hotels.com etc and The Quincy seemed it is well located and runs $150 a night. So my guess is that this is the average nightly rate for DC so I will go that high.

My dates are Saturday January 25th-Thursday Jan 30th. What areas are close to attractions like Museums, Monuments etc?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin all your bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Are your plans for this trip firm and are you ready to commit to a purchase 5+ months in advance?

Please click each of the links above and the information above and we'll continue the discussion for this trip.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

5+ months? January is not 5 months away, 3 1/2 months from now is my trip. The flight is booked. Dates confirmed. Should I wait til November sometime to bid? What would be the average price you think I would get as compared to the $150 a night right now I would have to pay for The Quincy for example.

Budget is $150 at the most, if I have to go more than that I may as well book The Quincy or Henley Park Hotel for that rate.

Secondly, I have never been to this city, so I do NOT know the areas they break it down on Priceline at all. Meaning blindly I could end up staying near Dulles in Virginia thinking I was going to be near the White House.

Thirdly I ALWAYS ALWAYS use the links on here. You guys have helped me secure hotels in Chicago for 4 trips, Boston for one trip, Niagara Falls for one trip and Vegas for 2 trips over the past 3 years. Thank you in advance.

Advice is what I would like before I do anything, areas, what they are close to, what areas are more to commute from etc.

I hope this is good enough detail.

White House-Downtown and Capitol Hill-Convention Center are closets to the sights and monuments... Dupont Circle is more residential but most of the area is a fairly easy commute to 'downtown' (some areas in the far north end of the zone are not as convenient to the metro).

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Omni Shoreham for $93/nite and is close to the Red Line which heads towards the White House area.

If you're willing to pay near your maximum HOTWIRE also has the well reviewed Madison Loews for $145/nite.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK I am traveling solo, so the entire cost is coming out of my pocket, not shared. So what are my options on areas? Should I start with White House-Downtown and add rebid locations? How many rebid locations do I have with DC? A strategy is what I need. If I am going to pay $150, I will just book The Quincy off their web site, so I would like lower than that. If possible.

If I am going to pay $150, I will just book The Quincy off their web site...
You're not comparing apples-to-apples, as The Quincy is 2* rated by PRICELINE... the hotel for the same price referenced above is 4.5* rated.

From your reply it appears that price below $150 is more important than star rating. The HOTWIRE 4* that appears to be the Omni Shoreham fits within your budget, but the problem with trying to bid on PRICELINE is that the zone extends quite a bit north (where access to the metro becomes a bit more difficult)... so you need to decide if you're happy with the $93 rate for the 4* HOTWIRE property OR are willing to bid on PRICELINE and risk not landing a hotel that is as centrally located to a metro station (or perhaps not as well reviewed as well... the HOTWIRE property has a 4.5/5.0 TA rating which is excellent).

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Searching HOTWIRE for your dates i see a 4* hotel in the Dupont Circle zone with:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... this is where my best guess would be the Omni Shoreham.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Good luck!

I was gong to wait until November to book a room but figured I would get it out of the way as my flight is booked.

Got the Omni Shoreham for $94 a night. After being given advice on this I figured I would not take a chance bidding on Priceline and end up farther north. Seems convenient and reviews are favourable. This is my first time going to Washington DC and I am travelling solo. So I really did not want to have to pay $140+ a night just to be closer to downtown as I will be wanting to check out different areas anyhow.

Thanks guys!

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for. The price is right and Dupont Circle is a great neighborhood with lots of bars, restaurants, etc... should work out quite well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]