Priceline Hotel: chicago - oct 29 & 30

nak2
By nak2,
in

Hello,

Thank you for all the great posts & information.

Please suggest good strategy:

I need a room in Chicago (prefer - Downtown) on Oct 29 & Oct 30.

We have 4 people, but can use 1 room.

Would love 3 or 3 &1/2 ***, willing to pay more for 4 *

What would be a good price for me to start?

Thank you in advance.

Priceline only guarantees occupancy for 2, so there may be a problem with four people when you get to the hotel if they don't have any double bed rooms available for whatever reason. Given the size of the rooms in some Chicago hotels, there would definitely be a problem with trying to fit four people into a small single bed room, and that's if the hotel would even allow that. Essentially, you could luck out and get a double bed room, but you could (probably more likely) also run into problems.

You may want to look into Hotwire instead, as it is a discount service that guarantees at least some sort of bedding for the amount of guests staying.

After reading AaronJB's comments above, are you sure you are willing to take the risk of only one room for the four of you thru Priceline? As suggested above, Hotwire will be able to ensure you enough sleeping accomodations for all of you.

Let us know which way you want to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thank you for the advice, I did not even think about that. I never used hotwire - I'll be happy to try. I had good experience with Priceline in Torronto 1 time (we had 3 people). What is the different with Hotwire in terms of process?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Priceline does not allow you select the number of guests in a room, but rather has a 'blanket policy' of all rooms are for double occupancy and after that is at the discretion of the hotel.

Hotwire allows you to search for the number of guests in the room (up to quad occupancy) and guarantees sleeping accomodations for everyone that was included in your search.

If you do a search for your dates let us know what you see (star rating, zone, amenities show, price) and we'll try to help identify the property for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]