Hotwire search error = Bad booking

leonsousa
By leonsousa,
in

Good night Colleagues!

Last saturday I've booked two hotels with hotwire.

The first one in Madrid for two adults and one child - it worked really fine!

Unfortunately, the second booking did not worked!! And I'm really disappointed with Hotwire customer service. I'll try to explain what happened below.

At first, I've tried to book a hotel in Paris for 2 adults and 1 child. The price was $ 115/night. But, unfortunately, Hotwire charged my credit card and I've received a message telling me that Hotwire was unable to find a room at that hotel. I was really unhappy and I've contacted hotwire by chat and they told me that my credit card would be charged back.

Later, I've book a hotel to Madrid and everything worked well.

After this Madrid booking, I've created a hotwire account and Hotwire provided me with a link with the latest search that I've made. There were the Paris search and the Madrid search. So, I've clicked on the Paris search and I've found the same hotel I've tried to book in the morning, but at that moment, instead of $115/night it was costing $122/night. A little bit more expensive but still a good price. So, to avoid losing again this opportunity, I've booked it as fast as I could and it worked. Unfortunately, for my biggest surprise, after printing my booking confirmation I've seen that the reservation was for only 2 adults.... I was really afraid about it and I've contacted Hotwire by chat.

I know hotwire rules, but as I've explained, there was a error in their search engine because my search was for 2 adults and 1 child but they've booked a room for only 2 adults. There was a bad link in their web site that made me book the wrong room for my family.

I've contacted the hotel (Mercure) and they told me that they can't put an extra bed in their room.

I've contacted hotwiere by phone but they were unable to help me, they keep saying that the book can't be canceled or refunded. I've sent them a lot of e-mails and they can't help me neither.

I don't know what to do. Booking another room will be too expensive and is out of my budget.

:(

I can only speculate that your original search was for 2adults/1child but when clicking a link for your previous searches they did not include the adult/children parameters and therefore it reverted to their default 2adults/0children.

Not sure which way this one will end up as even if (again, i'm only speculating) the link you clicked reverted to 2adults/0children, the number of guests you searched for is indicated throughout the booking process and it is guest's responsibility to double check the parameters they are bidding/purchasing.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for all your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Good luck in continuing to pursue this with HOTWIRE and let us know if you're able to reach a resolution.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]