Priceline Hotel: 4* Omaha (Downtown) The Magnolia Omaha

cntrfieldsmom
By cntrfieldsmom,
in

Trying for Downtown zone on Oct. 5 for 1 night. I bid on 3.5 star level. I would bid on 3* also except they include the Holiday Inn which I really don't want. Here are a couple of rates. 3.5*- Dbl tree-107 Hilton-119 Magnolia-147 3*- Hilton Garden Inn-109 Courtyard-129 Element-109

I've bid up to $60 (with fees ends up being 77)

Odd I can get a room in Dwtn Atlanta for 62 but not Omaha NE.

Hotwire has $57 for 2* $86 for 3* and $100 for 4*

Should I just keep trying up to $60 or do you have other suggestions? Searching from your links. Thanks

I will add to the above that from MAPS and HOTELS.com both the Hilton and the Doubletree have free cancellation rates of $119/nite until 1-2 days before your stay (each has a different deadline)... so you could book either of these and continue to try PRICELINE / HOTWIRE for the next week, while still being comfortable that you at least have a room booked.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you must be in the area for these dates i'd book a refundable back-up just to make sure that prices don't run away on you.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I think you'll likely need to be in the $75-$85 area for a 3.5* hotel.

HOTWIRE has what appears to be The Magnolia Hotel Omaha for $92/nite if you're willing to pay a bit more to ensure a hotel with an excellent user review rating (4.5/5.0) and includes breakfast (perhaps that could justify the extra expense since you would be saving money on breakfast in the morning))

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and whatever you decide to do for this stay.

It's listed at $100 now. 4* Downtown with:

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Shuttle

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... and a TA rating of 4.5/5.0. I believe this one is the Magnolia.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see it re-appeared on your subsequent search and you received the hotel you were hoping for.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]