Priceline Hotel: 3.5 or 4* NYC 10/18/2013-10/20/2013 might add 10/17 if price is right

mom2gals
By mom2gals,
in

Family Weekend at Pace University NYC campus. 10/18-10/20/2013 Fri-Sunday

Wanted to begin visit on 10/17 but cannot do so if the prices are $300-400 a night, would consider adding Thu if price was right

Want to be either in Greenwich Village, Union Sq, Chelsea, or Soho, Tribeca, Financial District near Civic Center area.

Would also consider Madison Square Garden or lastly,Times Square Theatre District

Open to consider Brooklyn Heights if in a safe area with convenience to Subway

Budget is $210 or under if possible will accept 3.5* prefer 4*

Just 2 parents traveling, any bed type is ok

non smoking

Must have firm healthy bed

Prefer ready access to Subway

Please advise strategy for bidding and suggest Priceline or Hotwire

Also I do not understand the BiddingHelper.com. I thought It was meant to get suggestions as to how to best bid on either HOTWIRE or PRICELINE but as I started to play with it it led directly into PRICELINE and I did not want to make the mistake of getting stuck in the 24 hour hold period so I did not hit send. When you use the Bidding Helper is that actually making a bid? Is it possible to just put in what you want and see the suggestions or is this only done informally on this forum.

BTW, I'm a newbie and think this board is a fantastic service and thank you all for your time :)

non smoking

Must have firm healthy bed

Prefer ready access to Subway

There is no way to specify firm bed and you have to be willing to accept any hotel within a particular zone, so there is no guarantee when bidding that you may end up with a hotel *right* by a subway. Please confirm the zone/s where you would be willing to stay anywhere within the zone. If guaranteed smoke-free is a necessity, then I would suggest looking at HOTWIRE and searching for a listing with smoke-free as an amenity.

If your desired max bid is $210, I think that's certainly possible, but there are some things that are not guaranteed when bidding.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

:D Thanks Aaron for your quick reply. :D

Just want a room with price and close to 4*.

Don't worry about the other details.

Would love help with how to approach the bidding and whether to use Hotwire. :blink:

I'm learning the layout of the City, I'll rank them as follows

DFD

Chelsea

SOHO

MSG

TSTD

I struck it really lucky for Labor Day, $128 PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal at the amazing Andaz; was really shocked.

Would love a room under $200 but not at the expense of sacrificing cleanliness and safety. $180-$190.

I think its family weekend also for NYU which seems to complicate the housing options.

Do you think that is possible?

HOTWIRE hot RATE HOTEL

Downtown - SoHo - Financial District area | Show map

Our 4-star hotels include:

Amenities

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Original Price $415 down to $223

If anyone has any idea which hotel this is I'd appreciate your input.

Our dates are 10/18-10/20/2013. If we can get a price under $200 we would consider also staying 10/17 to visit for college family weekend. :P Thanks for your input!

P.S. Amenities don't matter but free wifi would be delightful

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

For the HOTWIRE hotel above do you also see Wheelchair accessible listed?

If yes, would my best guess be Doubletree Financial District

Does this work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board and let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help with this stay.

Yellowdog.

I'm excited about the Soho Financial District options and will try my bidding later on today. I also found a great hotel that would work in Brooklyn Heights: New York Marriot @ Brooklyn Bridge but it appears that the Sheraton Brooklyn is also the same start level 4* and the last two weeks there are posters all over google reviews claiming live bedbugs at the Sheraton.

I'm really dissapointed because the NY Marriot Brooklyn would actually be perfect and I think I could get it for under $200 in a Name your Own Deal bidding but I would be horrified to get the Sheraton at this time. I don't believe there is anything I can do about not getting one particular hotel or is there?

I'm really dissapointed because the NY Marriot Brooklyn would actually be perfect and I think I could get it for under $200 in a Name your Own Deal bidding...
I'm not sure what you're basing your assumption on, but with hotel direct rates for your dates at the Marriott $400+ i think expecting a win at under $200 would be a bit optimistic.
I don't believe there is anything I can do about not getting one particular hotel or is there?
Correct, you can't bid on, target, or avoid a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and how we can assist with your upcoming bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]