WI Wausau Baymont Inn

jsa777
By jsa777,
in

This hotel was OK. My main complaint was that the room was poorly insulated and we heard a lot of noise from adjacent rooms. The room was clean enough and the hotel is located in near the expressway in an area of chain restaurants and other businesses. In other words although it is a 1 star, it is not a scary place.

It is however not easily visible from the expressway, so make sure you know the exit and directions before you go there. We neglected to bring that information with us. The fact that there is currently some road construction may have contributed to it being hard to find. After we drove all the way through town without finding the hotel, we then called the hotel for directions. The hotel clerk, who was a nice enough (very) young woman, had trouble giving us directions.

The continental breakfast buffet was pretty good, better than most. They had waffles, yogurt, toast, bagels, boiled eggs and it was monitored and replenished. We were there on a Friday night/Saturday morning and they were quite busy.

We used it as an overnight stay, arriving late and leaving first thing in the morning. If I was going to stay here again I would make more of an effort to get a room that did not have adjacent occupied rooms, or at least not connecting doors, if that was possible.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]