Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) Hyatt Regency Islandia

kyliemm
By kyliemm,
in

Hi There,

We are travelling from Australia in 3 weeks and want to stay in San Diego for 3 nights from Nov 1st (somewhere suitable for young children), thinking coastal for around $80US a night. There will be 4 of us, but I know my children wont sleep in a seperate hotel room. so I think we will take the chance of getting 2 queen beds in the room. We are also going to stay in Beverly Hills for 2 nights. We don't mind if we stay San Diego first or second, not sure where would be better to be at over a weekend???? Looking for any advice at all!!!!

Cheers Kylie

Hi there,

Looking to stay in Beverly Hills for 2 nights either Tuesday Nov 1 and Wednesday Nov 2 or Friday Nov 4 and Sat Nov 5. (Our other 3 nights will be in San Diego) Was happy to bid for a 3* but after reading many reviews about the Doubletree, I don't think I want to take the chance??? If I bid on a 4* what sort of price would I be looking at and are the 4* hotels more likely to have 2 beds in the room, as there is 2 Adults and 2 Children. Maximum bid probably around US$110

Has anyone taken the bedding chance and booked on Priceline for a family????

Cheers Kylie

AFTER BIDDING INSTRUCTIONS

I'm merging your two threads as the dates for one will be dependent upon the results of the other. Once you confirm you are ready to bid (as it still seems like you are pondering the quad occupancy situation) we'll take a closer look at which will be the more difficult area and move forward with that.. then you can start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your stay in the other zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there,

I am willing to bid and then email the hotel regarding the bedding situation. As I have never been to San Diego before, I am very unsure about it. With children I think it would be nice to stay near the beach. Was thinking a 3* or 4* for around US$80-$100??? Beverly Hills, still thinking 4* maximum US$120, so we don't get the doubletree! As I said I don't mind which order we stay at these places. We arrive at 11.00am on Tuesday Nov 1 and we are heading to Las Vegas on Sunday Nov 6, so we have 5 nights to stay at San Diego and Beverly Hills.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards Kylie

For San Diego you have 8 re-bids at the 4* level and only 2 re-bids at the 3* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 4* Coastal 11/3-11/6...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

If the above is rejected repeat but for the dates 11/1-11/4.

If rejected then try....

Select 3* Coastal 11/3-11/6...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

If the above is rejected repeat but for the dates 11/1-11/4.

I think there is a very good chance you will ultmatley have to bid higher.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi There,

I am ready to start bidding. Now as far as my address goes, how much of my aussie address do I enter into the address and do I then just put any US state in and any postcode?????

You have been a wonderful help to me and my family and believe me it is much appreciated!!!!

Good Night Kylie

Hi There,

Well we had success for San Diego, staying at the Hyatt Regency Islandia for $90US a night! We are staying there from Nov 3 - 6, should I contact them now to ask for two beds or wait till check in?

Haven't had any success for Beverly Hills for Nov 1 and Nov 2, bidded up to $120 for a 4*, I think I will wait the 72 hours and try again.

Happy for any advice!!!!!

Cheers Kylie

P.S went through savings barn! :)

Congratulations on your winning bid!

What was the amount of your highest previously rejected bid?

I would contact the hotel now to put in your bedding request(s).

Let us know how it ultmatley goes.

Please start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your stay... and thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your purchase :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]