Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Midtown East) Omni Berkshire Place

Isabela
By Isabela,
in

Hi there!

Will spend my honeymoon in NYC from 31th oct till 9th nov.

We want the Central Park South area and a 4* possibly 4,5* because of the occasion LOL.

Any clues?! I'm not very familiar with Priceline. Have read lots of posts but not very sure on how to proceed.

Do you think it's possible to pay something around $160-$180?

Many tks

Welcome to Betterbidding and Happy Honeymoon! :)

The Fall is unfortunately busy/expensive and part of this period is going to be exceptionally expensive due to the NYC Marathon. Is the Central Park South area the only acceptable area? For the entire period, I think you're looking at $225-240 for a 4*, although likely more based on the zone.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Many thanks for the reply.

Concerning the area, I'm brazilian, not very familiar with NYC... Can you suggest any other areas/price ranges?!

Tks again :)

I'm British so I'm sure more knowledgeable people will be along to give you better tips shortly..

However, having stayed in both Times Square and Mid Town East, I'd recommend you have a look at Chelsea and the surrounding areas. Its not THAT far from the touristy bit (you can walk it in half an hour or so if you want to) but it is far enough out that it has less of a frantic atmosphere. We did the Sex and the City tour when we were in NYC last year and I was amazed by how different Bleeker Street etc felt from where we were staying. If I was on honeymoon in NYC, that's where I'd want to stay.

Hope you have an amazing trip - A Honeymoon in NYC is my idea of heaven! :P

The biggest issue is going to be your budget as at current rates $160-$180 will not likely be enough for a 4* or better hotel for this trip. Besides it being an overall expensive time of year in NYC, your dates also include the NY Marathon which just adds additional demand during an already busy time of year.

I agree that you're likely looking in the $225-$250 area for a 4* hotel in a 'good' area. Are you willing/able to increase your budget OR do you want to lower your star rating? (or wait it out and hope for lower rates in the weeks ahead at the 4* level)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tks for the reply Thereuare

Because it's our honeymoon I could consider increasing the budget to stay in a good hotel/area. It could be my last honeymoon :lol:

Would you help me with a strategy to find a nice hotel in NYC?

The tickets are already booked so there's no turning back.

Many tks

:huh:

Just consider honeymoon=nice hotel room! ;)

Unfortunately hotel rooms in NYC are generally on the small side and all PRICELINE / HOTWIRE reservations are for 'standard' rooms. You could call/email the hotel ahead of time and let them know it's your moneymoon and see if any complimentary upgrades are available, but there is no assurance the hotel will be able, or willing, to provide an upgrade (paid or free)

Generally speaking MTE, MTW, TS, CPS, ESB and MSG work well for the average user as most of the 4* hotel in these zones are centrally located and provide easy access to the subway, but a few caveats:

The One UN New York is now 4* rated by PRICELINE although it has not yet been won on the 'name your own price' side of PRICELINE... this property is a bit east and can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway. However, if you are interested in this zone there is a PRICELINE EXPRESS property which i believe we can confirm is not this property and would be better located than this one.

Also, in the MSG zone is the Ramada Plaza New Yorker, which is a nice historic hotel which was renovated not too long ago, but the rooms may not meet the 'honeymoon style' that you're seeking... on the otherhand any time you see a picture of the NY Skyline you'll likely see this property and will be reminded of your honeymoon.

Let us know your thoughts on which zones you think would work for your needs and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You're close, but i'm guessing not quite there...

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the MTE zone (Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Business) for $258/nite... using the discount code link in my signature brings your room rate down to $232/nite (and $2560 all-in... just over your $2400 budget above)

There is also a 4* hotel in the MSG zone (Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center) for $246/nite... less the extra 10% using the link in my signature brings the room rate down to $221/nite (all-in at $2443)

You can try bidding on PRICELINE to beat one of the rates above but:

1) you may want to include more zones (if acceptable) to give more hotels a chance to accept your bid price, thereby increasing your chances of a good deal

2) most recent attempts to undercut the PRICELINE EXPRESS + discount link by bidding on PRICELINE for a lower rate have failed (so it's worth trying, but if successful, i wouldn't expect rates to be too much less than the above, if at all)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

How is the discount applied?!

I tried booking it but the discount was not included!

Did you enter the code BIGCITY6 when trying to make your purchase?

On the "Summary of Charges", in small blue letters on the right it says "Apply Coupon". You click on that, and then enter the BIGCITY6 in the box supplied.

Romelle

There are lots of possibilities for this one, including the Grand Hyatt, Westin New York, InterContinental The Barclay, Marriott East Side, The Jewel... as well as others.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The Ramada Plaza New Yorker would be a guess... but i'm far from certain. (you could once again try the strategy above of seeing if offered for the first/last nite of your stay and then for the balance)

Let us know what you decide and how we can be of further help.

So, considering it's the New Yorker, after reading a few coments about the neighborhood we decided to try somewhere else.

I just got an email from Hotwire about a hotel in MTE for $246 and the following amenities:

Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access.

Plus, it's recommended in 80% of Hotwire customer reviews.

My doubts are: is it a nice area and wich hotel could this be.

(Sorr, not sure if I was suposed to start a new post for HOTWIRE)

Many tks :rolleyes:

If you go to BiddingHelper.com and search for these date/s and then click on "Hotwire Easy View" are there more amenities showing with the above MTE listing than what is noted above? If so, please provide the full list of amenities showing with the listing and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]