Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy Help

STLtraveler
By STLtraveler,
in

Would like a bidding strategy for a tough night to get in Chicago.

11/26/05.

My preference is a 4* hotel in the North Michigan Ave area at no more than $130ish/night. My next preference would be a Boutique in North Michigan Ave area for no more than $130ish/night. My next preference would be a 4* in Millennium Park area for no more than $130ish/night. After that my next preference would be a 3* in North Michigan Ave then a 3* in Millenium Park (either for around $100).

What's the best way to go about maximizing my chance of getting any of the above options (in order of preference)?

How does the "boutique" come into play when bidding? Can I use the "boutique" option to keep bidding by using zones that don't offer a boutique? Or will Priceline assign a 3*?

I've already done the following:

4*

Bid $50 North Michigan

Bid $60 adding Midway

Bid $70 adding Skokie

Bid $80 adding Millenium Park

No luck there, but didn't expect any luck at that low of a bid. Am I being too eager in thinking I can get a 3*+ hotel in either the Loop or Michigan Ave over that Saturday night (thanksgiving weekend)?

Thanks for any help.

Yeah, I know. Those bids were way low, but i figure that I would just throw some out there for the heck of it. But no, my plans are not firm. I actually already have a room at the Palmer House booked for Friday Nov 25th. I was planning on driving home from Chicago on Saturday evening. I recently considered staying a second night if I could find a really good deal (ie...through priceline). If I don't get the good deal then it won't ruin my plans by any means. A second night was just going to enable me to have another night of jazz, steak and seeing a second city show. So, I'm not desperate but I wouldn't mind nabbing a deal if it presents itself.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]