Priceline Hotel: Vancouver - Hotel with a great city view

DavaoDude
By DavaoDude,
in

I want a downtown Vancouver hotel with a great view of the city from my room. Any tips for getting such a room via Priceline or Hotwire?

It seems like a 5* bid on priceline (Downtown) or 5* choice on hotwire (Vancouver Downtown - Coal Harbour - Stanley Park area) would most likely get me the Pan Pacific which is supposed to have rooms with a great view.

It would be nice to spend less for a 4*, but then it seems I run the risk of a hotel with no such great views.

Any advice for those who know the downtown Vancouver hotels?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

would most likely get me the Pan Pacific which is supposed to have rooms with a great view.
I can't speak for a specific hotel but most of the times will the opaque guests get "standard" rooms. The rooms with the good views are the more expensive ones.

And it's really up the clerk when you check-in what kind of room you'll get. You might get a great view room or you can get a room that face the parking lot and you have to pay for an upgrade to get a better view (if the hotel got availability).

Let us know how we can help you further with your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

• 1 month later...

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay (not just what you didn't do)... this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone.

Please check for and use the links in our Support Page for your hotel direct purchases.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]