Name your own price at paris with one kid under two years

gen2100
By gen2100,
in

Hi guys, im from argentina and i used name your own price several times in the past in miami with great results. we have a couple with a little daughter now (under two years) and i'd like to try Name your own price in our trip to paris next november. My question is: since the rooms are for two adults, what would happen if I show at the hotel with my little daughter? any extra cost? any other problem that wont let me stay in the hotel using the name your price room? thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As you point out, PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room that is unable to accommodate your family. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room that can accommodate a crib, pak n play, rollaway, etc... there is no assurance that the hotel will be able, or willing, to accommodate your needs (or there could be an extra charge to do so). Anything more than double occupancy in Europe can be an issue given how many rooms there are only designed to accommodate double occupancy and have little or no room for a rollaway or other accommodations for a baby.

You can take the risk if you choose, but a better option may be to look at HOTWIRE which allows you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc). HOWEVER, searching for more than double occupancy can often increase the price, BUT at HOTWIRE they only ask for the number of adults (18+ years old) and children (2-17 years old). Therefore, you can search HOTWIRE for 2adults/0children (since your child is under the age of 2) and after you receive a hotel call the property and let them know that you will have a 1 year old as well and ensure that the have the ability to accommodate all of you. If there is a problem, at least you can then call HOTWIRE and have them assist since you did search as per the terms on their site (only including children that are age 2+)... whereas a similar situation with PRICELINE you would have little or no recourse if they were not willing to work with you.

Let us know your thoughts/questions on the above and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- if/when moving forward with HOTWIRE, please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm also new to this forum and have a question along the lines of this thread.

We (2 adults and a kid, than to be under 2, now not even 1) plan on staying in New York next fall. Now, I understand that Priceline only offers rooms with double occupancy and that everything else is in the hands of the hotel. Since we don't need serpeate beds or enough space for a cribb or stuff, i am wondering how high the chances are, that you book via priceline and the tell you, that you can't bring your child. Obviously I can't just leave or daughter alone or book 2 rooms for a baby.

Has anyone experience with that problem, especially in New York?

Thanks for your help in advance!

With an infant/baby the chances of an issue are reduced, but you could still have a problem, if for example you receive a room with only one double bed (which can be tight for two... not to mention a baby).

In this instance i would user HOTWIRE but only search HOTWIRE for 2adults/0children, since they define 'children' as ages 2-17. Then if you do receive a room with only a double bed at least you are then justified asking for a crib or a larger room with an additional bed since you did search by the parameters as set forth by HOTWIRE.. whereas a similar situation with PRICELINE would be a bit more difficult to stand your ground since they only guarantee double occupancy, regardless of age (and there is no ability to search by number of guests).

For help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]