Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Francisco (San Mateo-Redwood) Country Inn

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

New hotel for your list, although not sure you want to add it just yet......

Country Inn & Suites - San Carlos(San Francisco)

251 El Camino Real

San Carlos, California 94070

(650) 508-1800

Hotel Web Site

Amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool

Fitness Center

Hi-Speed Internet

Laundry

The problem: The hotel's website didn't mention anything about an airport shuttle, so I called the hotel direct. They confirmed they had no airport shuttle service. I called Hotwire, they placed me on hold to contact the hotel themself to verify. Hotwire offered two alternatives:

1. Spend the night at the hotel and Hotwire would reimburse me 50% of the purchase price.

2. Cancel the reservation, receive a 100% refund, and $50 "Hotdollars" into my Hotwire account.

I selected option #2.

The Hotwire representative indicated he would be reporting the hotel to the proper department regarding the lack of an airport shuttle. Hopefully, before too long, the shuttle icon will disappear.

Purchased via Savings Barn. I hope BB still gets the credit, despite the fact the reservation was later cancelled!

Thanks for the report and new hotel to add to the list.

Nice to see Hotwire take care of this for you somewhat painlessly... i think the options presented were fair and you took the better of the two options. Given the price of the hotel, you could take option two and then repurchase the hotel for an almost free nite :)

Guess the search for this stay continue.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]