Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Providence (Downtown) Providence Biltmore Hotel

the_chad
By the_chad,
in

I actually started bidding for a 4* Downtown, but after 4 bids (85, 95, 105, 110) I started thinking it would be worth trying 3.5* to save a few bucks.

Switched gears, bid $100 for 3.5*... immediately accepted. (A VERY RARE time where I wish my starting bid had been lower)

Total w/ tax = $121.67

More info for those inclined:

Biltmore was showing retail price of $225 ($250 w/ tax) for the same room.

Hotwire was listing a 4* room for ~$155 ($192 w/ tax), a 3.5* for $179, and 3* for ~$105.

Priceline was listing retail price of 4* at $250 and 3.5* at $199.

I knew the weekend was busy with a conference and a race (why we are going); rates were going to be higher than normal.

Since we have a room at the Marriott the following night (complimentary), I had a small hope to win there so we didn't have to move. Reviews for the Biltmore are hit or miss, but for the price and location and all other things considered, I'm pleased.

[Of course used PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links above/below]

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a very nice deal (lower then you thought would be possible) and are pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... and good luck in the race (if you're participating)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]